Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have an 11' 700r that i have top out at 78 mph. Atleast thats what the it says on the screen. Im 5'5 160 pounds so that might help lol. Is that normal top speed for a stock bike?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
It all depends what terrian and other factors but i would recomend the Dynatek programable ignition, it removes the speed sensor and increases RPM without cutting wires

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Does the blue wire mod not work good enough ?
You'll pick up about 3-5mph it varies from person to person bike to bike. The blue wire works it just keeps the stock ecu from retarding the timing curve in 5th to let it pull a few more rpms out of it. That's all it does for the bike, where as the dynatek programable or non programable will have better timing curves which translates into a smoother powerband and about 2-3hp build according. It also does away with the 5th gear speed limitor. So with the dynatek you gain the extra speed the blue wire gives plus the added power which could add possibly a couole more mph according where the extra power carries to with the new timing curves. If you ain't got any mods yet I'd get the new MSD blaster or the new pc5 fuel controller when you go big3 both have timing options and is a fuel controller in one unit now instead of 2. That's just what I'd do or if you already got a fuel controller buy the dynatek. The timing curve I run I get 4hp over stock curve so that's a good deal to me. On a stock bike 1-3hp my build helped it to have the extra 4hp at peak.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Don't cut the wire. Contact TQS get a big three deal with the new MSD Blaster or the new pc5 with timing. It's gonna save some money vs buying both units as I did. A bone stock bike ain't gonna pick up much. So big3=Fuel controller, Intake(FCI my favorite), and a set of duals(I like DMC's) or a high end single like the sparks xx-6(get a full exhaust no a slip on). After that you'll gain 20% more power and tq plus the new controllers have the timing curve options so it's a big4 in big3 clothes basically. After that you can add piston cam head work bigger or bored tb it all depends what you wanna do. You'll be more than happy with the big3 first trust me. It may also give you the mod virus tho and there's no cure for it watch out.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Mine is an 5 month old 09, stock and hitting 84MPH... that is STOCK! The only thing I have done to it is put some PowerMads on it! lol. According to the Dashboard, which I believe should be sort of accurate.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Some only get 75 some get 85. It's different rider weights different riding surfaces and prime back wind. Stock I only ran 77-78 now I can hit the 5th gear limiter(rev not speed) on flat pavement I'm right at 108 then geared 15/36 with mudlite SP tires roaring lol.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I cant run on pavement that fast untill i figure out my toe-in on the fronts..they start to shake so bad after 75+ i'm afraid either one of my bald stock tires will blow apart or somethingelse lol.

·
Registered
378 Posts
85 is too High I did 89-91 with big 3..

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
It gets a little scary at times. Especially when the wind grabs your visor and almost rips your head off lol. Lol better make sure that helmet is strapped on good :haha:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
85 is too High I did 89-91 with big 3..
Willy is right most stock bikes on average 75-78 tops. Alot of people don't measure the speed right. Some say they have a car follow them or they ride side by side a car. GPS or a radar some of the speedos are off a little bit. Tire changes even though they say same as stock don't mean they are. 21/7/10 dunlops may be upto 1.5" shorter or taller than stock tires. Each brand uses a different size mold or measure differently idk why tires vary so much in size. It's baffling to me idk why they do this.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I am 218 Lbs, Stock bike on Blacktop hitting 84. I bought the bike as a brand new 09 5 months ago and it has always done that speed according to the Dash Speedometer. I have also rode beside my wife on the 450 Grizzly and our speeds show the same, until I gun it and leave the 450 standing.
I am just telling you what my gauge says, I should imagine it to be pretty accurate or at least within +-10%. If most do average around 74 MPH that would be + 13.5%.
How many gauges are that far out? anyone have GPS and Gauge differences to compare?
I may run mine with my GPS out of my truck if I can to verify this fact.

·
Registered
378 Posts
IMO seems high I weight 165 lbs and was hitting 89MPH with big 3 stage 2 cam and DYNATEK ignition.

I can do 108 MPH now, hoping 110 soon.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
IMO seems high I weight 165 lbs and was hitting 89MPH with big 3 stage 2 cam and DYNATEK ignition.

I can do 108 MPH now, hoping 110 soon.
You gonna get a Honda sprocket hub and run that 34t rear. I'm bouncing off rev limitor in 5th Willy at 108-109 15/36 gearing. If I knew it was gonna pull that high I'd had titanium valves added and maybe better springs than these if possible lol. I thought it was gonna be like old build pull hard upto 92 and stop pulling. Oh no this sucker just keeps pulling more and more. If I didn't hit hills a lot in the woods here and was flat ground like Florida was I'd stay 15/34 full time. Hey first gear maybe usable then lol.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just as a side note, my front is not too stable at that speed either, it gets the shakes a little too, but that top end IS THE TOP end, it will not go any higher then that.

A steering damper helps with the shakes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts