Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have recently been working on a 125 Grizzly and saw something which a friend of mine told me is not normal... Here are pics..(attached)

There are marks near the bottom of the piston's crank which are from heating up, my friend told me that I should pull out the bearing and see if it is still good, would anyone here know if these marks are standard or if I should have a more serious look at it?

Thanks a Load
Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Strange way to tear an engine apart. Reason for teardown? Just read about this the other day either on Blaster forum or BHQ, the crank is heated at factory to aid assembly. Just check side clearance at rod and up+down at big end. Can't check side to side with jug on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, there was 2 gears that stripped because the previous owners never put oil on the chain and it jammed the entire thing n stripped the gears.. I've got the new gears and everything and wasn't planning on taking the sleeve and head n stuff off because the timing chain is always a pain and not to mention the piston rings in some motors.. Well besides that, it turns fine still, nothing seems loose or tight or hickish so thanksfor the bit of info about the factory markings..

Brian

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess that I have to strip the motor too.. Does anyone have a guide on how to remove the cylinder sleeve and an easy way to get the timing chain to stay on the right place etc. ?

It will be well appreciated
Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts