Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you might have read in my previous thread my raptor has a case of the dissappering coolant. Is it possible i messed up while changing my clutch, which would lead to the coolant getting mixed into the oil? or can it be coincidence that the mechanical seal went after replacing the clutch. Would the coolant drain into the case if the mechanical water pump seal is damaged? i noticed some bubbles in the oil a while back if this can help i thought it to be engine ice in the oil. The quad had no problems prior to this and i quit riding it ever since i spotted it was losing coolant.

Thanks as always i appreciate everyone who inputs!!:beer:

·
Registered
415 Posts
its possible. is your oil level higher than it was? drain it and if is milky, than you have antifreeze in your oil. could be you head gasket, but since it happened right after your clutch change, maybe you didn't get that put back together right. idk if it will leak into the oil if the seal is bad, i thought it would just leak out of the little tube on that side. i could be wrong tho. but if there is no coolant in the oil, you have a hole in a hose, radiator, or waterpump seal.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Yes it is possible to get coolant in the oil if the water pump shaft seal is bad but the weep tube would have to be plugged up so it's not likely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts