Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that has a 2000 warrior and for some reason he rides for more than 20mins or so he will have problems starting the bike back up. The bike will start back up if you leave it alone for a little while (cool down). We suspect it could be the stator or coil. Has anyone here had a similar issue with their warrior before he starts spending money?
Thoughts?

·
Registered
836 Posts
If the bike is losing spark, it very well could be stator. Does the bike blow any smoke? May be getting low on compression.
Wouldn't be low compression otherwise it would be the opposite. It would be real hard to get started when it's cold and when the engine is already warm it shouldn't really have any issue getting started

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spark

It does not seem like a strong spark when we begin to have the problem, but I thought when a stator went bad it would not spark at all (I could be wrong).
Thoughts?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Try to compare the spark intensity when you have problems starting and not, this may be hard to do since you will have to use judgement, but do the best you can........

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Have you checked the valves?

·
Registered
584 Posts
just spitballin here but, my Raptor was like that, i could start it in my garage, which was usually 20* colder than outside, everytime. after i let it warm up and take it out for a little ride and shut it off, it would not start with the starter. had to catch it in gear down a hill, or wait for it to get cold again. i adjusted the valves and it was fine. it fires up quicker than a fuel injection 700 down the road from me.

edit: awww stucky beat me to it.. bahaha

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Great minds think alike! lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
Intake .06 mm ~ .10mm
Exhaust .16 mm ~ .20 mm

·
Registered