Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this 03 Raptor for about 2 weeks now. It seems like my issue is getting worse. When I shift from 1st up to 2nd, it wont shift. It feels like the shifter is moving & all but its like the quad is in neutral. Usualy if I keep shifting up it will finaly go. Is it possible that its going back to neutral? Is 2nd gear going out? Shift linkage issues? What do you all think? Up shift & down shift thru all other gears are fine.

·
Registered
521 Posts
sometimes mine wont go in.. but thats just because i dont shift all the way and only half shift into neutral

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does it either way, with or without the clutch. No noises or anything like that. Sometimes have to pull up on the shifter 3 or 4 times to get it to go in. Planning to go ride in the 70 degree southwest Missour weather today so I will see how it does today. Sure hope its not a tranny issue!:wow:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So...we rode for about 6 hours today. I would say that about 75% of the time, it wont go from first into second without a issue. It does not matter if you use the clutch or not. It is just going into neutral because you can downshift back into first. If you keep pulling up on the shifter, it will eventualy grab & like I said sometimes it seems like it works perfect. HELP!!!

Attachments

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So...we rode for about 6 hours today. I would say that about 75% of the time, it wont go from first into second without a issue. It does not matter if you use the clutch or not. It is just going into neutral because you can downshift back into first. If you keep pulling up on the shifter, it will eventualy grab & like I said sometimes it seems like it works perfect. HELP!!!
Setup your linkage so the lever drops some, this will give you more pulling ability to get it into 2nd this is the longest shift because of neutral..............

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, thanks Willy & Mad Dog. I looked around in the service book & I do not see instructions on how to adjust the linkage? Did I miss that part or is it not in there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
mine does same thing,got linkage less shifter,but it could have sumthin to do with gettin big stick jammed up in nets and liftin rapt in air 4ft.hmmm,maybe that was it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I replaced the entire shifter today with one that hooks right to the tranny. Still sometimes does not want to go from first into second gear. This made no change at all. Sometimes it works perfect, sometimes it does not. There is no noise or sounds from it. It will always eventually go in, just no fun when you are wanting to go!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I replaced the entire shifter today with one that hooks right to the tranny. Still sometimes does not want to go from first into second gear. This made no change at all. Sometimes it works perfect, sometimes it does not. There is no noise or sounds from it. It will always eventually go in, just no fun when you are wanting to go!
So you got a direct shifter.............

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes, put the direct shifter on Saturday. This changed nothing. Still does not want to go into 2nd all the time without issues.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
yes, put the direct shifter on Saturday. This changed nothing. Still does not want to go into 2nd all the time without issues.
Then I suspect you have shift drum problems or the second gear shift fork is bent.........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts