Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so yesterday i fired up my Raptor 660.. Its got a high compression piston, runs on 100 octane...So i turned on the choke and fired her up, was running probably close to 30 seconds, i came inside to grab a drink and heard it shut off.. I went back out in the garage and tried to get it started again and nothing... So i changed the spark plug, drained the fuel from the tank and the carb, it had been in it probably 6 months.

So I know that fuel was getting through the petcock (thats where i drained it from) and down to the car??????b but after i drained the carb of the old fuel and added the new fuel i cant get any to come through the drain hole on the bottom of the carb so obviously the problem is inside the carb right ?

It will fire up with starting fluid but will not stay running. So can i add something to the fuel to clean the carbs or do i need to pull them to clean them ?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sounds like your floats may be sticking and/or your jets are plugged. I'd pull them off and clean them out real well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
stuck floats was my thought.. tapping on the float bowls might get them to break loose, but if they stuck once they'll stick again.

·
Registered
521 Posts
my carbs sat in my raptor from july till about a week ago without being used (im sure there was some gas left sitting in it) and whenever i got the engine put back in and put gas in, gas just poured from the over flow, as soon as i got it started and some gas got ran through the carbs, it stopped running out. im assuming my floats were stuck and the fresh gas loosened them up, hasn't leaked again. BUT I may have just got lucky, your carbs probably just need cleaned good, clean them up, clear all the passages with some thin wire and an air gun and should be good to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts