Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has or is currently running the 21x11x9 rear GNCC tire on a 9x9 rim. Also if you had any pics of this set up would really appreciate to see a few of them. I am also interested in your experiences with the set up. Is the small increase in ground clearance worth it? I am also concerned with them "ballooning" out too much. I have only run a 10 inch wide tire on a 9 inch rim. Just some things i am wanting to clear up for myself before i place my order.

·
Registered
468 Posts
well i was at the local dealer today and i was sitting there n looking at the tires i saw that the hollshots hds r a really good tire i like the gncc bc the lug n a lil more side lug but the hds had deeper tread but then look at the razar 2s

check out rockymountainatv.com alot of tire and wheel combos

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i order just about everything from RMATV. I was looking for more input from people that have first hand knowledge of this set up. I can pick out a tire size and match to a wheel size. ;)
Basically i am trying to decide wether to go with the 20x10x9 or the 21x11x9 size. But thanks for some input Foxbud. I have considered the Razor's as well but feel like the GNCCs are going to benifit me the best under the my riding conditions.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
"VanillaGorilla" one thing that you as well as the others peeps, incl myself who have Nerf Bars need to keep in mind would be "will the larger tires fit"...[clearance issues] This and only this will be my deciding factor.

When I go w/aftermarket tires it will more than likely be RazrII's or HoleShot GNCC's.

I also run HiPers on all four corners, w/the 9"x9" wheels and we are abit limited for tire sizes :unsure: but with careful consideration, I am sure that I will be able to make a good decision.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i don't think the inch difference from stock will cause clearance issues with the nerfs. That is somthing to keep in mind though. I already have the fronts so i am pretty sure i am rolling with the GNCC rears. I like the idea of having more ground clearance but is it really going to matter the 1/2 inch or so gained? I am kinda likeing the idea of a bit taller tire just to lengthen up the low gears some. (if it actually will.) I guess i might just have to bit the bullet and order them and see how it turns out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
VanillaGorilla, When you get the setup would you get some pics and let us see what they look like on there and let us know how they hook up.. That is the xact same setup that I have been concidering because I like the idea of the 21's. My buddy swears by the 22's but I am not entirely convinced. Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
I love my gncc's they hook up like a mo and tear up every thing ecspecally after its rained. They do however look kinda balloony if you inflate them to much. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm running the gncc's also, 21s in the rear. I currently have them on the stock wheels. I run 4-5psi in them and they are just awesome. My Hypers will be in hopefully this week. I can take a couple pics with the stockers and the Hypers (9x9) so you can see the difference. With this psi, they don't balloon up. I'm running the AC Blackline nerfs and have plenty of clearance.

D.J.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can someone measure the actual height of these when mounted and inflated with the pressure you normally run? Are they actually 21" tall?

I got 21" Kenda's, and they are really 20" tall. They said its because they measure them on an 8" wide rim, and mine are on a 9" wide rim so it doesn't allow them to get the same height like they are intended for.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's a few picts. On the stock wheels, with 5psi, they measure at 20.5 inches. I've got about 80% tread left. I can re-measure when I get them on my 9x9's soon.

D.J.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Curious how the GNCC tires compare to the HDs in regards to overall performance? The HDs look like they have a little denser pattern and are a bit more square looking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm running the 22inch fronts. My Hiper wheels still haven't come in yet, and I'm heading to Glamis. So pics with the Hipers will be next week.

I haven't run the HD's. I'm sure the GNCC's will square off a bit more with the wider wheel. I know my buds 20inch rears are squared nicely with his itp baja wheels (9x9).

D.J.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have both sizes of rears. The 21x11x9 on 9x9 rims are wider than Holeshot XCR by 1 to 1-1/2 inches. They are only a little taller, but the tread is really amazing. Man they hook! :thumbsup: they are at 5psi.

The 20x11x9 are about the same size physically as the factory tires, maybe just a tad wider. Again, these too bite like crazy. These are on my son's quad.

I use the 21s for the mud, and woods riding or in places I've never been that may be muddy. I use the XCRs for the fast dry trails because they are lighter and don't hook up as hard so sliding is easier.

The HDs are heavy and I've seen them ballooned up in the center. I have never used them myself because I really like the GNCC.

·
Registered
468 Posts
those look really good on there

1 - 20 of 20 Posts