Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started the HD tire thread and its got me going on the GNCC's :crazy: BUT, for a different purpose. I was looking at the HD's for winter, but these GNCC's sound awesome for next season!
They are 15.1 lbs per rear tire, and 13.0 for the front. They come in 20x10x9 and 21x11x9!! I had never heard of a 21 inch rear tire, and it sounds really appealing. More ground clearance, but still good handling.
These tires sound awesome! Read about them here:

http://www.itptires.com/sportatv/holeshot_gncc.html

They sound like the next generation tire! I love my XCR's, but these sound even better! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
............Anybody have some pics of them on a machine?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've got the 22" front and the 21" rear of the GNCC's. Get the 21 rear for sure.
The 21" Gncc is just as tall as my wifes 20"I-razors on her v-force. They are
not mounted, I have Razor2 22" front and 22" rear on there now. Also a great
tire.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ive had XCRS, now i got GNCC's, If you ride dirt and the woods, then there for you, consistent traction with excellent handiling the fronts really grab. The GNCC's seem to be a more, should i say "meatier" tire with a bigger X design and more spread apart than the XCRS

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RAD700R said:
Ive had XCRS, now i got GNCC's, If you ride dirt and the woods, then there for you, consistent traction with excellent handiling the fronts really grab. The GNCC's seem to be a more, should i say "meatier" tire with a bigger X design and more spread apart than the XCRS
sweet, thats perfect! What else you got to say about them. Thus far I have been the most happy with the XCR's front and rear......but got really curious about these new GNCC's. How do they wear compared to the xcr's. Same, better, or worst? You notice the weight difference between the two? The rears are lighter then the xcr's and the fronts are heavier.
Does the quad stay flat in a corner, or is there role due to the really round front tires. That is one thing I really liked about the xcr fronts, is that they are square. BUT, because they are square, it makes the stearing a little heavier.
Are the knobs bigger on the gncc's, compared to the XCR's?
Thanks for the input!

All I ride is woods. you could consider me a woods racer, as I am always pushing the edge and riding to the maximum extent possible. I also hill climb, scream down fireroads and of course the occassional drag race.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smithZ said:
I've got the 22" front and the 21" rear of the GNCC's. Get the 21 rear for sure.
The 21" Gncc is just as tall as my wifes 20"I-razors on her v-force. They are
not mounted, I have Razor2 22" front and 22" rear on there now. Also a great
tire.

..........I was planning on going with the 21 inch rears, and 22 fronts. Thanks for letting me know that....thats interesting. Wonder is the 20's match up with the 20 inch xcr's? I thought they were pretty much the same carcass (sp)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Alright lol, Ill try to answer all your questions. I only had the XCR's for a little bit b/c i only used them when i went away on long trips to the state park which was in the woods. I use to ride on coral rock locally ( levys for canals and such) but that just got boring and ate up my tires like crazy. So I decieded to get the XCR's for the woods and then switch back to the stockers when i rode locally. I loved the XCR's, my problem was that i bought them mounted on nonbeadlock rims :eek:. When i went to whip it around on the thick dirt they would pop the bead ( maybe i just rode too agrresive :p) So I invested in some beadlocks and ended up buying the GNCC's, So now I got 1 good tire and one bad tire with about 70% tread left on it lol.

Other than that I didnt notice any differnce in weight of the tires b/c I just dont pay attention to that, I dont drag race ( yet ) and it is very hard to tell.

From what I could tell, they do seem to do good in corners, The X's are bigger than the XCR's. The GNCC's are halfway between the Xcr's and the RAZR's, Ill post a pic someday comparing them. Bottom line, excellent woods tire lol 8)

·
GO BLUE!!!
641 Posts
Well sounds like these are going on my next mod list :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quiksilverz71 said:
Well sounds like these are going on my next mod list :thumbsup:
MINE TOO!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RAD700R said:
Alright lol, Ill try to answer all your questions. I only had the XCR's for a little bit b/c i only used them when i went away on long trips to the state park which was in the woods. I use to ride on coral rock locally ( levys for canals and such) but that just got boring and ate up my tires like crazy. So I decieded to get the XCR's for the woods and then switch back to the stockers when i rode locally. I loved the XCR's, my problem was that i bought them mounted on nonbeadlock rims :eek:. When i went to whip it around on the thick dirt they would pop the bead ( maybe i just rode too agrresive :p) So I invested in some beadlocks and ended up buying the GNCC's, So now I got 1 good tire and one bad tire with about 70% tread left on it lol.

Other than that I didnt notice any differnce in weight of the tires b/c I just dont pay attention to that, I dont drag race ( yet ) and it is very hard to tell.

From what I could tell, they do seem to do good in corners, The X's are bigger than the XCR's. The GNCC's are halfway between the Xcr's and the RAZR's, Ill post a pic someday comparing them. Bottom line, excellent woods tire lol 8)
Thanks for the response.....I am sold on them....especially now that I have seen them on a quad! They look pretty sweet!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you guys getting them out of rocky mountain...or you find somewhere that has them for cheaper?

·
GO BLUE!!!
641 Posts
That yamaha of troy store on ebay had a kit for all 4 plus rims for $399, but I think it was for 20" in back.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quiksilverz71 said:
That yamaha of troy store on ebay had a kit for all 4 plus rims for $399, but I think it was for 20" in back.
thats a DAMN GOOD deal! Wonder if they have them in the 21 incher. That is a smokin deal, your getting wheels for $20 a piece practically!

·
Registered
283 Posts
135boom said:
quiksilverz71 said:
thats a DAMN GOOD deal! Wonder if they have them in the 21 incher. That is a smokin deal, your getting wheels for $20 a piece practically!
Be Careful which rims they mount them on, make sure the have a Bead protector like the baja's or stockers. Im not sure but, I wanna say i got mine for around $300 from Rocky Mt. Free shipping!!!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
do you guys think I could run the 21" rears with 23" fronts or should I stick with a 22" rear

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sikraptor700 said:
do you guys think I could run the 21" rears with 23" fronts or should I stick with a 22" rear
Well, I think it would work, but it wouldnt be the recomended route to take. You are increasing load on the rear tires....which is good, but your taking away from the front end. BUT, you will beable to wheelie rather easy i would think....since your front end will be higher :lol: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts