Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides them being 19.5lbs per tire (heavy) how do you like the HD's....and do you have a comparision to go off of?
I run ITP XCR's front and rear. I am going to continue to run them for dry riding, but was looking at the HD's for the wet winter months. Just wondering what people thought of them.
Buddy runs them on his yfz and they are like velcro in a straight line....and they throw crap everywhere!

·
Registered
572 Posts
im also debating getting the hd's. are they much better than the other similiar pattern holeshots? i know the hd's are heavier and are 6 ply vs the 4 ply prior mentioned...added rototaional weight sucks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I love mine. Awesome traction and they don't wear very fast. I had the xcr's on my old bike and they were nice but they wore very fast. They do throw alot of shit though. Everyone who follows me bitches.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Got the HD on my bike right now, for all around rideing there great. But you will be heighted they do throw alot of rocks. Besides the fact that there hevey there great tires. I my self I'm going with the XCR for my next set of tires because we do alot of asphalt riding and raceing out here. But if your looking for tire for the wet winter I think they would be a great choice, you'll move threw the wet stuff with little effort.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have the HD's oh my bike, i absolutely love them.... i mainly do trail riding, and you all are right - - that the guys behind me are always complaining about how much the tires throw crap....I have had mine for probably 15-20 hrs of riding time and mine dont show anywear at all... with the 6 ply dont really have to worry about thorns or anything puncturing the tire. Also if you like to be able to swing your rear around like out in grass or on the trails, its a lot harder to do with these tires.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you want max traction then I would say that they r all that. I actually get too much of when im draggin & cant keep my dam front end down, especially w all that low end torque & even w the 15t sprocket. I would really like alot more wheel spin now. Everyone that sees them are suprised on how square bulky and aggressive they look. Dont think theyre the best for trails if your tryin to haul through though because theres not alot of slide w them in turns which trailriding was the main reason I bought them. Always debating on usin stocks again just to get more spin and slide. So thats my little 2 cents on them in case u dont want that much T-raction. J

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thats kind a what I was expecting. I have heard they are indeed harder to slide. They are also taller, almost like a 22 inch tire. the knobs are HUGE on those things. I too have noticed those things DONT wear! I dont think they wear cause they arnt spinning nearly as much.

I love my XCR's. They too are 6-ply, but they are a lot lighter at 16.5 lbs per rear tire. They have angled side knobs for awesome controlled slides that you can power out of. I think they are the best tire to run....but thats just my opinion. I am just looking at the HD's for like a snow/mud tire......just for the winter months.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

·
GO BLUE!!!
641 Posts
What do you think about those GNCC's? I was thinking of getting those or maybe the XCR's for mine

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quiksilverz71 said:
What do you think about those GNCC's? I was thinking of getting those or maybe the XCR's for mine
I havnt run the GNCC's, nor have I seen them in person. I have heard good things though! :thumbsup:
15.1lbs per rear tire....puts them 1.4lbs less per tire than the XCR's. the fronts are heavier then the xcr's at 13.3 vs 12.0 for the xcr's.

What I think it really exciting about the GNCC's is that they have a 21x11x9 rear. That would be the best of both worlds as far as ground clearance, but good handling and not a huge gearing change!
Does anyone run these, and what do you think of them? The fronts are REAAALLYY round, and I am curious how they handle compared to the square xcr's.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got the Razr2 front and rear. I think they are better than the HD.
Just as much tread and only weight 17 per tire for the 20x10x9.
Thats 2.5lbs more per tire for the rear!! I wanted the HD, especially after seeing
them in person, but bought the razr2. I was shocked at the tread depth
and the side lugs are huge. Plus they are not near as tall as the HD. I have
no problem with wear. They arent wearing fast enough, wanted to try
something new. So I bought the GNCC tires. I put some I-razr on the rear
of my wife's V-force, couldnt convince her I needed them. They are awesome!
Great forward grip. Also you can slide them real easy. They just are wearing
pretty fast. Just my 2 cents. ;) try the 2's u'll like!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So how do you like those gncc's? Where you saying the gncc's where wearing fast? Arnt the razr's 18.5 lbs? I know they are a bit heavier then the itp xcr's which are 16.5lbs

·
Registered
263 Posts
The 2's are heavier than the xcr's. Thats the main reason I bought the xcr's before. I think its like 1.5lb's heavier. My buddy runs them on his Blastard and they are nice tire.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whofarted said:
The 2's are heavier than the xcr's. Thats the main reason I bought the xcr's before. I think its like 1.5lb's heavier. My buddy runs them on his Blastard and they are nice tire.
I think your right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have the razor2s they are the best tires i have ever run i have 140 hours on them never had a flat and they still have about 50 percent left on them.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I got about 50 hrs on my H-D's and they are hardly showing any signs of wear. I can't stop chuckling about throwing stuff up comments, all my buddies bitch when they are behind me because they throw up soooo much shit! I mainly ride trails and I need to put some effort into getting them to slide, especially when the trails aren't super dry! I could go through more and deeper mud than any of my friends, except for the 4X4 with the mudlites!

·
Registered
751 Posts
love them. Just put a new set on the back.. I managed to get a tear in the side wall on my left rear. The tires are 2 years old so i had to order two new tires. But the tread on the old ones are still good for being 2 years old. Now i have a spare in case that happens again.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Had em for awhile and they rock!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts