Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to buy a set of Mudlite Sp's for my raptor. I have the stock rims 20X10-9 but they only come in 20X11-9 so i hope they fit ? And i have looked with Ebay and Rocky mountain are within a dollar or two of each other(ebay being a dollar cheaper i think) and not sure where to buy from. Anyone have any experience with tirescheap off ebay?(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND-NEW-PAIR-ITP-MUD-LITE-SP-ATV-TIRES-20X11-9_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43983QQihZ002QQitemZ120084251277QQrdZ1)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I would say go with Rocky mountain Atv... I've ordered tires from them and it was cheap and fast!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Chet said:
Im getting ready to buy a set of Mudlite Sp's for my raptor. I have the stock rims 20X10-9 but they only come in 20X11-9 so i hope they fit ? And i have looked with Ebay and Rocky mountain are within a dollar or two of each other(ebay being a dollar cheaper i think) and not sure where to buy from. Anyone have any experience with tirescheap off ebay?(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND-NEW-PAIR-ITP-MUD-LITE-SP-ATV-TIRES-20X11-9_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43983QQihZ002QQitemZ120084251277QQrdZ1)
They will fit, saw several Raptor's this weekend riding with them on. If you ride in the sloppy stuff, you will like them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just got some 22' mudlites and went to holey lands(for the florida riders) this past sunday. I wasn't able to do donuts. It would grip to much and throw the inside rear tire up.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, we do alot of muddy nasty trails that you hafta have traction on or your getting winched out.... But i also like to power slide a little here and there, are these too aggressive to just ride around on and play with ?

I've been looking and might get a new set of rear wheels to go with them...where did you guys get your 22's on what size rim(im doing some searching...but then i like black but i'd have two different colors with front and back :( so ill prolly stick with polished or machined ?)

·
Registered
767 Posts
RaptorGzz said:
I have Mud Lites 22x11x9 and I dont have problems sliding !
Same here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k. i went into the local bike store today to check their prices for tires, and these two guys working argued with me that i dont want any more aggressive tires than whats on it already on it, and wouldnt quote me a price...so i finally got mad and had to leave.

So looks like ill be shopping for a set of rear 22 rims...

·
Registered
644 Posts
orion said:
can you slide the quad in those?
Yeah my fiends got a set of 20's on the back of his trx 450 and he likes them. They wear well, and I know they throw a hell of a roost!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Chet said:
k. i went into the local bike store today to check their prices for tires, and these two guys working argued with me that i dont want any more aggressive tires than whats on it already on it, and wouldnt quote me a price...so i finally got mad and had to leave.

So looks like ill be shopping for a set of rear 22 rims...
You are going to go into 10 stores and get 10 different opinions or points of view. Do your research and buy what you will be happy with or what works for you. It's your $$$$$$. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
151 Posts
stonny9 said:
I just got some 22' mudlites and went to holey lands(for the florida riders) this past sunday. I wasn't able to do donuts. It would grip to much and throw the inside rear tire up.
What color is your bike? I'm sure I probably saw you on the trails somewhere. I was there from 10:30 to 4:30 on Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
from what i hear(i need traction most of the time) i should stick with the mudlite's if your able to slide a bit on them :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
can they be ran backwards for sand?

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmm..sounds like i should stick with the 20's for the rear, Front: 22x7-10 (6 ply); Rear: 20x11-9 (6 ply)., im still stuck on the rim decision tho, my friend got some ITP SS's with the black and chrome and they look nice but since im leaving the front stock ill have to get polished or machined to match :(...

·
Registered
841 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts