Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a new set of tires and I got it down to mudlite sp's or holeshot gncc's. Im leaning towards the mudlites because I mainly ride sandy trails and the tread pattern looks exellent. I have looked at a thread or two on these tires but would like a little more info. Does anybody run the mudlite sp and are you happy with them? Im alittle worried about tire wear and if they still have the ability to silde when you want them to. Also, what are some experiences with the gncc tires? I would love to find somebody that has ran both sets as I am up in the air for a decision.:confused: Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i love my mudlites, gonna buy em again, i ride sand, gravel, mud, dirt, works great in all.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I run mudlite SP I love em wear like iron. I can still slide em just more body English needed on harder surfaces. They get super traction on everything. I'm buying another set after these wear out. They aren't as heavy as you'd think for a six ply mudtire.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. The weight is one of the reasons I am so interested in them. I dont recall the exact numbers, but I know they are only a pound or two more than oem. The holeshot hds are way too heavy. Also, do you guys run the front mudlites too and do they track ok? Thanks again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
my buddy had them on his and he always talked very high of them, they looked pretty good and he had them for a LONG time

·
Registered
332 Posts
HOLESHOT HD's allllll the way. never had a better tire and the tread pattern claws through anything from item 4 to wood chips to sloppy mud. havent tried the snow yet, but the holeshot hd's have proven themselves in my book

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
This topic comes up often. If you want a tractor tire for mud, sand, trails and general back woods use then run the mudlites but if you do GNCC style riding at high speed with other sport quads and want fast cornering ability, steep hill climbing ability and smooth tracking then run what all the GNCC riders run, which is what all my friends run ITP GNCC holeshots or Maxxis RAZR 2s.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
A great tire for hardcore trail riders!!

Thanks for the input. The weight is one of the reasons I am so interested in them. I dont recall the exact numbers, but I know they are only a pound or two more than oem. The holeshot hds are way too heavy. Also, do you guys run the front mudlites too and do they track ok? Thanks again.
I run them on all 4 corners. I've ran them as fast as my little raapy could take me down sandy limestone mix roads in Florida WTFO. Drifting curves in 4th with the throttle pinned. They allow me to wheelien the sand pit at Croom, in Florida. They have also proved great at climbing hills in Indiana,Tenn(Brimstone),all over Kentucky,and Ohio. Some of the hills in Indiana are like a clay and limestone mixture.I go right up those hills unless its sloppy wet out then,I get around better than all the other sport quads. In my book these tires are a 10. A must have for the hardcore trail rider,who rides year round in any and all condictions! On track days hope for a loose track you'll be okay if its hard packed you might as well be on pavement. This is all from first hand use of this tire the ITP MUDLIGHT SP's. I've never used any other size of mudlite. I how ever would love to see the SP in a 23/22 combo instead of the 22/20's they have now,no complaints besides that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts