Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys!! ok it does feel the same anymore...when i am riding full throttle it doesnt feel fast anymore and feels light it choking out.... and when i let of the throttle on decel it backfires alot ... the mods i have are gytr intake and gytr slip on exhaust. please help me where should i start??? carb cleaning?? idk help me please

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Sounds lean! Take your plug out and if it is white then your not getting enough fuel. If you find that it is lean then pull out your main jet, pilot jet, and needle valve and clean them very good. Put it back together and do another plug test to see if anything changed. If not then you may need a rebuild kit so pull the carb off and tear it down for a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Should be mocha colored!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Your lean! Pull the jets and needle before you burn a valve or completely toast your topend.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
No problem ;)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
hey guys!! ok it does feel the same anymore...when i am riding full throttle it doesnt feel fast anymore and feels light it choking out.... and when i let of the throttle on decel it backfires alot ... the mods i have are gytr intake and gytr slip on exhaust. please help me where should i start??? carb cleaning?? idk help me please
thanks carpenter i just pulled the plug and its like a dark grayish color
You will need one size bigger pilot jet, raise the needle some and increase the main jet up to about 150............

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
Or, if it was running fine with your mods, but started doing this after sitting for a while, your carb is dirty - clean it.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah that's why I suggested he clean it because of his first sentence when he said it's not running the same anymore. Meaning it used to run good. So I'm guessing his jetting is correct but just dirty. I just had the same issue happen to my buddy with his suzuki 400 4x4. It was popping on decel and topped out at about 35mph. It was just starving for fuel. Pulled it apart and the main was almost completely plugged with varnish.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Yeah that's why I suggested he clean it because of his first sentence when he said it's not running the same anymore. Meaning it used to run good. So I'm guessing his jetting is correct but just dirty. I just had the same issue happen to my buddy with his suzuki 400 4x4. It was popping on decel and topped out at about 35mph. It was just starving for fuel. Pulled it apart and the main was almost completely plugged with varnish.
He is a bit unclear but does mention of mods to his intake and exhaust which would cause his condition...........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts