Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of going with a 102mm 10.75 piston from JE. (I'm thinking 10.75 cuz I want to still use 91 octane, and hear that 11.1:1 will be on the boarder almost having to go to 93 since I'm getting a high compression piston) Are they crap or good?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,178 Posts
JE piston is a cheaper piston for a reason, It's cheap. In the same category is Wiseco. I like CP pistons better, and I don't see why you couldn't run 11:1 CP on 91 octane at sea level. If you are worried, you could machine a few thousands of the raised dome.

·
Registered
101 Posts
JE piston is a cheaper piston for a reason, It's cheap. In the same category is Wiseco. I like CP pistons better, and I don't see why you couldn't run 11:1 CP on 91 octane at sea level. If you are worried, you could machine a few thousands of the raised dome.
Wiseco is bad? I'm about to buy a wiseco 11: 1

·
11,178 Posts
Have you ever heard about "BBD", Bigger, Better Deal, or "GBB", Good, Better Best? There is always a good piston, or a better piston or a best piston. Even though Wiseco and JE pistons are good, there are better and best choices. The Bigger, Better deal would be CP or Diamond pistons. And, yes, you'll pay a little more for it.

·
11,178 Posts
The OP can run 91 octane with a 11:1 piston, but as said in another thread, you have a problem with fuel quality and may need lower compression.

·
11,178 Posts
Wiseco needs more octanes?

Enviado desde mi SM-N9600 mediante Tapatalk
A 11:1 piston needs around 91 octane. It doesn't matter to much if it is Wiseco, JE or CP, what matters is the compression of each. In this case, 11:1

In a different thread, we talked about your poor gas and the way it's rated in Costa Rico. Your 95 may have a lesser octane then our (USA) 91 octane. If you use your 91 with a 11:1 piston you may have detonation. So you either need to use 95 octane or have less compression.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A 11:1 piston needs around 91 octane. It doesn't matter to much if it is Wiseco, JE or CP, what matters is the compression of each. In this case, 11:1

In a different thread, we talked about your poor gas and the way it's rated in Costa Rico. Your 95 may have a lesser octane then our (USA) 91 octane. If you use your 91 with a 11:1 piston you may have detonation. So you either need to use 95 octane or have less compression.
I already got the information, the "super" gasoline in my country is RON 95.0 MINIMUM and MON 83.0 MINIMUM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts