Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 03 raptor and looking to upgrade the performance. I never knew about jetting until I read it here on this site a few days ago. My question is do I jet it or add mods first? Seems like riders are recommending the dynojet stage 2. The mods I am looking to get is a K&N filter with no air box lid, exhaust, and other general mods. Thanks in advance.

·
Master of the Electron
15,184 Posts
You do both at the same time. The mods simply increase the amount of air that can get into and out of the engine... you must increase the amount of fuel too. That's what the re-jetting is for.

If you just do an exhaust or airbox mod, but do not re-jet at the same time, then the engine will be running way too lean, if you can get it to run at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was hoping to buy the upgrades little by little. So I guess my plan will be to buy the air filter and dynojet and install at the same time. So when I upgrade more items I will have to adjust the jetting accordingly?

·
Master of the Electron
15,184 Posts
Open your airbox and jet for that (Dynojet 146 left / 148 right, DJ needles at center, 25 pilots, fuel screws 2 turns out).

Then, when you get around to installing a new exhaust all you'll have to do is change needle and fuel screw positions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Open your airbox and jet for that (Dynojet 146 left / 148 right, DJ needles at center, 25 pilots, fuel screws 2 turns out).

Then, when you get around to installing a new exhaust all you'll have to do is change needle and fuel screw positions.
Good information, I will do that. Thank you, I appreciate it.

·
Master of the Electron
15,184 Posts
BTW, those suggestions are intended for operation at or near sea level - 2000 ft or higher will require leaner main jets, dropping the needles at least a notch and 1/2 turn less on the fuel screws.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, those suggestions are intended for operation at or near sea level - 2000 ft or higher will require leaner main jets, dropping the needles at least a notch and 1/2 turn less on the fuel screws.

Do you suggest that with the pro design k&n air filter kit with no airbox lid in Phoenix, AZ so 1086'?

·
Master of the Electron
15,184 Posts
Yep I do - the numbers for sea level..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts