Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I bought an 02 rappy that has pretty much been babied. It came with an M4 slip on and whatever jets that came with the pipe already installed. It runs totally awesome, way faster and stronger than my old bike, but man it don't like to start. Once its warm it is fine, but when its cold you really gotta choke it and pump the throttle to get it started, and it is cold natured as heck. Not knowing the jet sizes I guess I'm not going to get much help...but am I on the right track thinking the jets are wrong? Maybe the needle is set wrong.
My old rappy had index drilled mains, and the needles were set at factory settings, and I didn;t even have to choke it to get it running, so thats why I think its jets

·
Registered
827 Posts
sounds to me that the weight of your oil is to high. that why it is easier to start when the bike is warmed up. oil is warmed up and therefore flows better. i could be wrong but thats kinda what it sounds like to me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never really thought of that...maybe I should throw some yamalube in it and see...I really have no idea whats in it since I just bought the sucker

·
Registered
65 Posts
might be pilots, go a size bigger :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts