Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i posted last monday about my raptor being a turd..turned out i had stock jets in the carb..i have a fmf full exhaust and a k n filter..well i raced a buddy of mine with a bone stock 03 raptor and got drug baaaad..i rejetted it and raced him again..i went with a dyno jet kit..i put 125 pilots and a 146 main in the left and 148 main in the right...bike runs much better and i can hit it in second and pull the wheels up so its running 10 times better...is there anyway to get some more top end..the bottom and mid range is perfect..my top end is lacking a little it juss has no pull in top of 4rth and all of 5th..my needles are dj with the clip in the 4rth slot from the top...lemme know what you guys think..

;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
yeah pretty much I have the same issue, any suggestion guys ? :help:
The only thing I did to counter balance it was I installed the 12t fnt sprocket.... :help:
Surely we can get more out of the ole 660 :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im gonna mess with the needle clips today and see what that does...how do you richen or lean it out..is it up or down on the needles

·
Registered
827 Posts
from experience the needle clips more than likely wont help you. sounds to me that you will need to go up a step on the mains. i know the DJ kit came with a 150. also you may want to make sure your floats on you carbs have been adjusted as per freez's sticky.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have not done that yet..im gonna do it this week..does it help out alot doing the clear tube meth

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
juss talked to dyno jet..they told me to tape up the air filter to keep air from going in..if it gets faster then up the jets...then he said to run without the filter if it gets worse i need to lower the jets

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im gonna go ahead and take the 148 jet outta of the right carb put it in the left and put the 150 in the right and try that out and see what happens

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
jake0107 said:
juss talked to dyno jet..they told me to tape up the air filter to keep air from going in..if it gets faster then up the jets...then he said to run without the filter if it gets worse i need to lower the jets
Do not run your bike without an air filter. EVER.

jake0107 said:
im gonna go ahead and take the 148 jet outta of the right carb put it in the left and put the 150 in the right and try that out and see what happens
That is a good idea. Just an FYI, the jetting sticky has a lot of god info in it. As do all the carb stickies, for that matter.

·
Registered
661 Posts
i had a problem like that and i went and got some parts dip and complty tore them down and cleaned them put gytr needles and she runs fine now. hope that helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts