Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a raptor 660. 05. how do i know that the raptor is jetted or not. when I bought the bike the person said it was done when he first bought it from a yamaha dealer. Is there a way i can tell when i take apart the carbs? also i dont want to screw up how the bike is running.
the add ons are a gytr-slip on exhaust. open air box with a gytr air filter.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
youll know its jetted if the pilots are larger than #22.5 and the mains are larger than 140/145. might be wrong on the main jet size. someone please correct me if i am

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
youll know its jetted if the pilots are larger than #22.5 and the mains are larger than 140/145. might be wrong on the main jet size. someone please correct me if i am
140/145 are stock so they should be larger like 150/155 with a slip on and open air box with #25 pilots.

·
Master of the Electron
15,524 Posts
If it runs well with the open airbox, you know it has been re-jetted. Stock jetting won't run well at all with the open airbox - and you would definitely notice - way too lean.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I remove the main jet screw is the number stamped on it? Or I shouldn't even touch the screws. If you say that's it's already is. And so What mods can I add to get more power?

·
Registered
13 Posts
the mains are stamped or lazer engraved on the top of the jets and the pilots are stamped on the sides. If it runs good there is no way it is stock jetting though...

·
Master of the Electron
15,524 Posts
Leave the fuel screws alone... the jets are inside the float bowl, bottom of carb. They'll have numbers stamped on the flat face next to the screwdriver slot - mains will be somewhere between 140 and 170 (most likely), pilots will be 22.5 or 25, and on the left carb only, the choke jet will be a 95, if I recall.

With your open box, I'd expect you to have something around a 155 main on the left carb and 160 on the right with 25 pilots. Stock is 140L/145R and, believe me, if the stock jets were still there with your open airbox, you'd know it - the engine would run like crap!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts