Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2002 660 about 6 mths ago. its running a 146 and 148 dynojet. i ordered a GYTR kit and will be rejetting. im running

full yoshi
open airbox
stage 1 cam

im guessing to go with a 160/165 and step up to a 25 from the 22.5 on both carbs as well as 3 turns out. i have gathered this from this excellent forum.

does this seem reasonable?

what about the needle c slip? its currently on the third?

thanks ahead for any input.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dunno if this is any comparison, but Ive got stock exhaust without spark arrestor, open lid, k&n and I jetted mine with 150/155 and 30 pilots. Turned idle mixture screws out 2 turns. Works awesome.

IMO-for you-Sounds good on the mains, I would go 30 on the pilots (cause you can adjust from 25-30 with the screws) 2.5 or so turns. If I remember correctly-the clip from the factory should be in 3rd position on the needles.

good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

do u know the ratio of turn outs to pilot size compensation?

all i know is that the stock is like 22.5 and most people go up to a 25. but it makes since to do minor adjustments with the air fuel mixture.

HP

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
If you're over 3-3.5 turns on both screws it's time to move up a pilot size. 1 and under time to drop a pilot size.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks maddog.

so u think to start with the 3 turns out with the 25 and 160 / 165 is a good starting place ?

thanks

HP

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
25 Pilots and Mikuni 160/165 mains sounds like a good start. GYTR kits are numbered like Mikuni jets, so you're okay with an open airbox. May be a tad rich on the low end, but it's better to be a little rich than lean.

~Brian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do you go about adjusting low and high end of the RPM curve separetly?

i mean is it the needle setting that adjust the low end or pilots / jets etc...

thanks

HP

·
Registered
88 Posts
Maddog helped me to sort mine out, i am running duel pipes and K%N(no airbox), I am also running 160/165 mains with 25 pilots, GYTR needles on the second clip and mixture screws 2 turns out. It all depends on your elevation and then each rappy is different. Be prepared to go through the process atleast 3 times.

Pilots controls the lowend, needles the midrange and mains the top end - If i have everything correct

·
Registered
176 Posts
yup..sparkplug method prolly the best indicator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts