Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys installed a HMF slip on exhaust & GYTR air box adaptor with UNI air filter with lid on. So I figured hey I should finally jet the bike per HMF recomendations of moving the e clip down a slot. But to my surprise my needle only has one slot. WTF! so I bought the GYTR jet kit and used the needle supplied put the clip on 3rd position and started right up. After it being warmed up gave it some gas and backfired in the airbox. My question is where the heck is the air mixture screw. I read that it was in front of the carb but it was coverered by a brass plug. Well I looked in front of the carb and I see 2 brass plugs. Which one is the one I should tap and remove? :crazy:
TIA
Oh ya the bike is a 2007 Raptor 350 2007

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well answering my own question since 33 lurkers might be so interrested in this tread..... the air fuel mixture screw is the longer brass plug in front of the flat wide brass plug. I will post pics some other time I also will post some pics of the float needle that came stock on my 07 it only has one slot for the E-clip. Well as of today I have tried changing the the stock pilot jet from 22.5 to the GYTR pilot jet 25 only jet in the kit. Also changed the stock main jet from 142.5 to 145, 150,155 and 160. It runs on the 160 at warm up but once in 1st gear and a blip of the throttle it bogs down.. It barely has enough power to bring itself back in the garage.. I live in Southern Ca. I'm at sea level and cant seem to get the bike tuned correctly. But I am trying and not giving up just yet. So any help would be appreciated I wanna ride this weekend since I missed last weekend. You all know how that feels right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update on my jetting situation. Now im finding this whole time I was bogging down while giving some throttle was not caused by the the main jet being to rich. As you know I have tried all 5 of the main jets & 1 pilot jet included in the kit. While adjusting the mixture screw accordingly aswell as the idle. Needle was tried in all 5 slots on the needle from rich to lean. While monitoring smoke color from being to rich also spark plug for discoloration. But come to a long conclusion that I should put back the stock set up minus the white spacer on the needle. Recommended set up by manufacture is there is no jetting required. Other set-ups tried were removing white spacer from needle and keep the small washers on both ends. But my late day of trial and error this set up did not work for me either. By this time now I've been at it 3 -4 hrs a day before the sun goes down to try and acheive this new task. I almost feel like giving up & handing it over to the proffesionals. So now all I gotta do is reasemble it back to stock including putting back the white spacer under the e-clip along with the two washers on each end. Started up fine smooth idle of 1590-1610 with mixture 3 out. After it warmed up shifted to first and ran fine thru all the gears downshifted without backfiring. It has power in all gears without any bogging. I have never worked on a carbuerator in my life let alone spent this much time with one. But I have to admit it was fun and frustrating at the same time. If this is the only setting on this bike that will work i'm taking it. To all the other 350 Raptor owners that found this the set up you fit in. Im curious to hear what your elevation is you ride at. I'm at approximately 300 above sea level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts