·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys i need some help on what jets needles i should run

my 02 raptor has a ct racing pipe, stock intake, foam filter no lid on box
sea level...ride in glamis and pismo beach

it runs good, but bogs out at WOT

i have the jet kit that CT gave me with the exhaust, but i was wondering if im better off running different needles and jets?

it already has the biggest main jets that come with the kit in it

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
I'd start at 160L/165R (maybe 155L/160R due to the foam filter) Mikuni mains with aftermarket needles middle notch, 25 pilots, screws at 2 1/2 turns... tweak to optimize.

What sizes are you running currently?

The Vitos kit has pairs of all these PLUS extended fuel screws for $50... a good deal, IMO.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The CT kit comes with up to 170/175, I'm assuming that's what he's running.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If you do not have aftermarket needles, you will never flow enough fuel at full throttle, I have the same exhaust with no airbox and run 165 170 mains but with aftermarket needles half way up, and with 27.5 pilots, but the pilots are too large, it creates a slow responding off idle.................

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Again an assumption that he's running them, but the kit comes with CT's tapered titanium needles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i forgot what size main jets but theyre the biggest ones it came with...might be 170/175

im also using the ct needles

CT jet kit should be good to use right?

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
Drop them to 160L/165R. Should get rid of the WOT bog.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Usually if you are too rich with the main jets you will get a popping at full throttle and loss of power, and will get worse as the engine increases in temperature........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts