Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends!

I recently have an '08 yfz 450 with following Specs: fmf + powebomb exhaust, stock foam filter without airbox lid. I already have a dynojet but want to know the correct jetting.

I hope someone on this awesome raptorforum can help me with the yfz450

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Lol...

Perhaps the jetting guys need more info.

What elevation are you running?
What do you currently have in it?

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
How does it run with that?

Per the manual it states #158 as a main. Now this is for stock setting mind you. Was there any directions that came with you DJ kit for anything?

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Try this for your elevation.

162 Main
48 Pilot
dynojet needle clip position 4
1.5-2 turns out

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
I'm currently at a 168main 45 pilot ncvq needle 4th notch. That's with sparks exhaust and open box k&n filter. Might be just a tad rich for your setup.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dear T web2007 and morphrider

thank you for your advice. I assume that you mean keihein jets ? i only have dj jets, that came with the dj kit. I bought a used set. Which dj jets do i need to drop in
Currently i have this 134 dj, with the lid on.

is it normal that when i start the bike and rev, that i pops and dies, but when its warm its oke ?
Curently it runs strong, but i want to ride with lid off to make some extra hp, if this is true.

ANother question:

i bought this yfz 450, and he said its a 08, its also registered as an 08, but in the papers its also stated 439cc (instead of 449cc) the vin number is 06. but i think they swaped the frame. How can i be sure that the engine is an 08 (i want to know if i have the oil upgrade that comes with the 08 engine, or that he was lying and the whole yfz is an 06 ?

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
If you google "yfz450 DynoJet advice" there is a ton of help on there from the yfz450 forums. Sounds like most of them scrapped the kit entirely and went back to Kehin or Mikuni jetting.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Dear T web2007 and morphrider

thank you for your advice. I assume that you mean keihein jets ? i only have dj jets, that came with the dj kit. I bought a used set. Which dj jets do i need to drop in
Currently i have this 134 dj, with the lid on.

is it normal that when i start the bike and rev, that i pops and dies, but when its warm its oke ?
Curently it runs strong, but i want to ride with lid off to make some extra hp, if this is true.

ANother question:

i bought this yfz 450, and he said its a 08, its also registered as an 08, but in the papers its also stated 439cc (instead of 449cc) the vin number is 06. but i think they swaped the frame. How can i be sure that the engine is an 08 (i want to know if i have the oil upgrade that comes with the 08 engine, or that he was lying and the whole yfz is an 06 ?
It's not gonna rev right when it's cold. So that is normal. Also won't rev fully in neutral. My jets are kehin. Not sure about the vin id.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reply! I just openend and i saw i have the oil squirter inside. I also noticed i have the 07. As for the jetting i will order some keihin jets!

T web2007: i see you have 4 atv's, but which atv do you like riding the most ?

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I just openend and i saw i have the oil squirter inside. I also noticed i have the 07. As for the jetting i will order some keihin jets!

T web2007: i see you have 4 atv's, but which atv do you like riding the most ?
The 2015 700se, by far. The yfz450 is for my girlfriend, the 660 got sold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts