Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post, i am jetting my 2004 raptor 660, the only mods i put on are a whitebrothers e series slip on, k&n filter with lid off, i bought stage 2 dynojet kit, it comes with main jets 136 to 150, wondering if someone can lead me to which main jets i should be using, elevation is 150ft above sea level, (montreal, canada), i dont wanna have to try all those jets. Also if the needle is adjustable what notch should i be on. Thanks any help at all apreciated

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hi, first post, i am jetting my 2004 raptor 660, the only mods i put on are a whitebrothers e series slip on, k&n filter with lid off, i bought stage 2 dynojet kit, it comes with main jets 136 to 150, wondering if someone can lead me to which main jets i should be using, elevation is 150ft above sea level, (montreal, canada), i dont wanna have to try all those jets. Also if the needle is adjustable what notch should i be on. Thanks any help at all apreciated
You have the dynojet kit, from your stock setup, you will need to upgrade jetting if you went with the white bros and the open air box concept, you will also need to change the needles............
If you were using the mikuni mains you would need to run about a 160 to 165 main, using the aftermarket needles about half way up and use a #25 pilot jet in both carbs instead of the #22.5 that is stock............

·
Registered
24 Posts
The best would be to call the customer support for your exhaust you put on. They should know what the best set up would be for your carbs.

·
Master of the Electron
15,550 Posts
TYpical DJ mains for the mods you describe are 146L/148R with 25 pilots and the DJ needles somewhere close to center.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replys, i am going to use mikuni, so im going to try the 155/160 or 160/165 with pilot at 25. Ill post if results, thanks again, any idea what my fuel/air screws should be turned at?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Thanks for all the replys, i am going to use mikuni, so im going to try the 155/160 or 160/165 with pilot at 25. Ill post if results, thanks again, any idea what my fuel/air screws should be turned at?
2 turns out is a good place to start.............

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey willy i switched down to the 160/165s from 170/175 and im still getting backfires when i let off up top any suggestions?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hey willy i switched down to the 160/165s from 170/175 and im still getting backfires when i let off up top any suggestions?
Exhaust leaks can cause popping on decel and also too lean pilot jet circuit............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts