Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering what setup I should be running on my 660. Has a Yoshi full exhaust, stock airbox (prob gonna drill a couple holes) around 800' elev. What should I set everything to to get max performance? Thanks in advance

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Was just wondering what setup I should be running on my 660. Has a Yoshi full exhaust, stock airbox (prob gonna drill a couple holes) around 800' elev. What should I set everything to to get max performance? Thanks in advance
Depends on how many holes and how big they are........:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably gonna put two 1 1/2" closer to the front of the bike. Unless you would suggest a different set up? Open to ideas. Still learning.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Probably gonna put two 1 1/2" closer to the front of the bike. Unless you would suggest a different set up? Open to ideas. Still learning.
The more big holes the better, jetting for an open air box is #25 pilots, aftermarket needles half way up with 160-165 mikuni mains.............

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna assume you meant 160/165. Thanks for the help dude. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
make one big hole and pull the lid off. The factory air filter is a bad design so a ProDesign kit is about a must for me. Even if you would chose to run a lid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was gonna leave the lid to hold the filter down. Read sOmewhere in the forums that taking off the tube that leads into the airbox allows it to breathe a bit better too? So I'm thinking take that out and can probably nicely space an 8 pack of holes at 1 1/2".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No worries, knew what ya meant.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everything is all done and holy balls! Turns out the valves needed major adjustment as well. Everything all set and done the difference is night and day. No wonder people get addicted to this stuff lol so awesome

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
Awesome.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts