Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with jetting. Planning on getting a DG exhaust (I know they're not the greatest, but they're cheap and aren't too bad...) I'm thinking of running a 150 main, and moving the clip up one. Does that sound good? I'll be running that exhaust, stock head pipe, stock air filter, lid on. If anyone knows actual recommended specs for the DG that would be great.

Also, what kind of main jet do I need. I don't wanna buy a whole kit, and when I look for Mikuni jets I see small, large, hex and all of that. For the stock 36mm Mikuni on the 350 what jet do I buy?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I need some help with jetting. Planning on getting a DG exhaust (I know they're not the greatest, but they're cheap and aren't too bad...) I'm thinking of running a 150 main, and moving the clip up one. Does that sound good? I'll be running that exhaust, stock head pipe, stock air filter, lid on. If anyone knows actual recommended specs for the DG that would be great.

Also, what kind of main jet do I need. I don't wanna buy a whole kit, and when I look for Mikuni jets I see small, large, hex and all of that. For the stock 36mm Mikuni on the 350 what jet do I buy?
If you are just changing the exhaust and nothing on the intake, I doubt if you will have to increase the main very much if at all, maybe up one size..........

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think stock is 142.5 main so I was thinking maybe 147.5 and I don't wanna go 145 and end up lean...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know if they Dynojet Kit for an 04-05 raptor would fit my 07?? They make one for 04-05 and one for 04-08...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I think stock is 142.5 main so I was thinking maybe 147.5 and I don't wanna go 145 and end up lean...
I modded a 350 a year ago with open air box and exhaust and increased the pilot one size, needle was left alone and mains was 148 mikuni........

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not to thread jack but this might help you out 07special. I was told by my local dealer/mechanic with the mods i have (K&N intake, removed lid, and DG slip on) to get a 25 pilot and 150-155 main. Leave the needle in the middle position.

Can anyone here confirm this??

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sounds about right from what people have been saying. Since I'd have a stock intake im thinking 150 might be too large.

·
Registered
54 Posts
you might as well just get the intake $50 for a K&N on ebay that way you dont have to go back in the carb and mess with it again if you get an intake down the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts