Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a DMC alien full exhaust pro design proflow with foam filter no lid and my header is getting red like 4 inchs away from the motor am new to this first quad. brought it setup this way raptor runs great. should i rejet it and if so whats size jet am in central florida. I have heard the header geting red is normal. thankx

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Ya its not a big deal your header getting red. I wouldnt rejet if it runs good. You can always check your plug and get a good idea if your rich, lean, or just right. Good luck=)

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Is your airbox stock or modified (open)? What is your current jetting?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i got a DMC alien full exhaust pro design proflow with foam filter no lid and my header is getting red like 4 inchs away from the motor am new to this first quad. brought it setup this way raptor runs great. should i rejet it and if so whats size jet am in central florida. I have heard the header geting red is normal. thankx
Use after market needles, with #25 pilots and mains around 155 to 160 mikunis style...........

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Is it glowing while your riding the bike at speed or only getting red when it's sitting at idle RPMs. We don't have your jet numbers so It's possible that your jetting may be ok since you say you bought the bike set up this way. If it is actually jetted properly your fuel/air mixture screw may be a little too lean for idle. If the header is just barely glowing 2-4" past the head It may not be much of a problem but if it starts to wrap around toward your leg and you can almost see through it then maybe 1/2 turn out on the fuel/air mixture screw would be in order. Open the carburetor and get us the jetting numbers. Good luck.

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Follow Willy's suggestion for jets - if it's still red but running good then, so be it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts