Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 03 Rappy 660 with K&N filter, outerware, (2) 1 3/4" holes in the lid and the full Yosh RS3 exhaust. I live in Miami (sea level). I have already jetted with the Dynojet 160L/165R and 2 1/2 turns on the needle. Main needles are 25's.

Now, here's the problem. When I open the throttle 100% I get a hesitation or bog. I just read everything related to jetting in the forum but nobody has the exact set up I have. I know tuning them is the hard part. Looking for suggestions. I just ordered the Mikuni jet kit I am not sure what jets to start with. I've tried from stock up to what I have on now. There has been a great improvement, but I know there is more power available. I got smoked by the Rappy 700. Expected that I would, but not by that much.

Please help if you can. :help:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Those dynojet mains are way too big. That's the right size for mikuni mains. DJ you should be around 144/146 or maybe a size leaner.

The needle doesn't have turns, it has clips and it's whole numbers from 1-5. It should be on the middle clip or maybe even the 4th clip from the bottom if you're using the dynojet needles. The needle is the only jet accessed from the top of the carbs.

Fuel screws have turns, they're fine at 2.5 turns out from 0. The 25's you're talking about are the pilot jets, and they're also good at a size 25 on each carb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.