CP Piston 11.5-1 compression
Hot Cam Stage 3 cam
Hot Cam Valve Springs
Stock exhaust
Stock Jets
Stock Air filter
Elevation: 1,100'-1,700'
Riding: Hilly dirt trails

I would like to put in a jet kit because she is running hot and backfires occasionally. I really don't have too much money to put into her, I just want her to run smoother as she has good power now.

What size jets and any other mods (taking into consideration my financial situation) would you recommend???

Thanks in advance
JimT

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hi Everyone, here is my 03 Raptor:

686 big bore
CP Piston 11.5-1 compression
Hot Cam Stage 3 cam
Hot Cam Valve Springs
Stock exhaust
Stock Jets
Stock Air filter
Elevation: 1,100'-1,700'
Riding: Hilly dirt trails

I would like to put in a jet kit because she is running hot and backfires occasionally. I really don't have too much money to put into her, I just want her to run smoother as she has good power now.

What size jets and any other mods (taking into consideration my financial situation) would you recommend???

Thanks in advance
JimT
Is your air box stock?????
And as AlbaNate says, you need a better exhaust system, or at least remove the spark arrestor in the rear of the muffler, this will allow it to breathe.............
And you will need to rejet................

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the stock airbox, I'll read up a little on it to see if I can do that on the cheap. I will have to wait a bit on an exhaust.
Have to do new brakes, tires, etc etc... First...

This is getting a little expensive but dang its fun!!!

Oh BTW What size jets do you all recommend???

Thanks again
JimT

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have the stock airbox, I'll read up a little on it to see if I can do that on the cheap. I will have to wait a bit on an exhaust.
Have to do new brakes, tires, etc etc... First...

This is getting a little expensive but dang its fun!!!

Oh BTW What size jets do you all recommend???

Thanks again
JimT
If you have the complete airbox, snorkel and all, you may need to lift the needles one notch each and maybe raise the mains one size each also, and install #25 pilots....................

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
You can always use more MODS:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am actually thinking of getting a pro design intake system and taking off the airbox lid along with the jets and just running the stock pipe without the spark arrestor.

I really cant afford the full exhaust so I am thinking maybe a HMF slip-on...

Would there be a large difference between a slip-on vs. the stock without the arrestor, whats the pro's and cons???

Thanks
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts