Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full CT Racing system exhaust. 16 discs. No lid on air box, K&N with filter plate. I live in Texas and do most of my riding at the dunes in Kermit, TX. My question is, I rejetted my carbs following CT's instructions. 170 & 175 with the clips in the 3rd position down from the top. The pilot jet is still the stock size which I believe is 25. It runs fine, but I'm wondering if I should up the pilot jet to 27.5? Any takers? And just to be thorough check out my new bumper. AWW SWEET! hahaha

Attachments

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Dig the bump :beer:

Stock pilots are 22.5's. I ran 25's at sea level with my CT pipe, though I know some people run the 27.5's. I never went that high on the pilot jet until I was bored/stroked with a Hotcam and duals. I would think you'll want at least 25's in there though if you ARE indeed running stock 22.5 pilots

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dig the bump :beer:

Stock pilots are 22.5's. I ran 25's at sea level with my CT pipe, though I know some people run the 27.5's. I never went that high on the pilot jet until I was bored/stroked with a Hotcam and duals. I would think you'll want at least 25's in there though if you ARE indeed running stock 22.5 pilots
Well, I'm glad I asked then. I know that the carbs were in stock form when I took them apart. The mains were 140 & 145 so I would assume that the stock pilot jets were still in there. Ok. So, I need to go by the yami shop and grab some 25 pilots. They are 25 on both right? Thanks for the info Seg.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also running with three turns out from closed on the screws. Does that sound like a good position for my setup?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Yeah, pilots will be the same size on both carbs. Fuel screws, not real sure. Basically use them for fine tuning once you have the right jets in. Wouldn't go much past the 3 turns, you'll probably be closer to 1.5-2 turns with the right jets I'd think

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, pilots will be the same size on both carbs. Fuel screws, not real sure. Basically use them for fine tuning once you have the right jets in. Wouldn't go much past the 3 turns, you'll probably be closer to 1.5-2 turns with the right jets I'd think
Cool. Thanks Seg. Appreciate the knowledge.:beer:

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
Those mains sound large unless your airbox is open or seriously modded - is it? 3 turns on the pilot screws (fuel screws) is common, as long as it's idling well, not popping much on decel, and has good response when first coming on throttle, both the pilot jet size (and yes, 22.5 is stock) and the fuel screw adjustment should be fine.

Remember, the fuel screws (called pilot screws in the manual) are just a valve that reduces flow thru the pilot jets - they let the maximum flow, set by the jet size, through when at about 4 turns out, and none when closed. So, the combination of pilot jet size and fuel screw turns out controls the air/fuel mixture at between idle and about 1/4 throttle.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those mains sound large unless your airbox is open or seriously modded - is it? 3 turns on the pilot screws (fuel screws) is common, as long as it's idling well, not popping much on decel, and has good response when first coming on throttle, both the pilot jet size (and yes, 22.5 is stock) and the fuel screw adjustment should be fine.

Remember, the fuel screws (called pilot screws in the manual) are just a valve that reduces flow thru the pilot jets - they let the maximum flow set by the jet size through when at about 4 turns out, and none when closed. So, the combination of pilot jet size and fuel screw turns out controls the air/fuel mixture at between idle and about 1/4 throttle.
That was the size that CT Racing sent me and they recommend for Texas. The instructions say if you are running no lid with a high flow air filter to use those. They did mention maybe going up in pilot size aswell. It runs great, but it does feel like it may be lacking just a tad in bottom end when I first jump on the throttle. I'm going to buy a 25 and a 27.5 just to try it out. Thanks for the info.

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
That was the size that CT Racing sent me and they recommend for Texas. The instructions say if you are running no lid with a high flow air filter to use those. They did mention maybe going up in pilot size aswell. It runs great, but it does feel like it may be lacking just a tad in bottom end when I first jump on the throttle. I'm going to buy a 25 and a 27.5 just to try it out. Thanks for the info.
So you ARE running with a modified air box... those mains are in the ballpark we'd recommend, then.

25's ARE a step up from stock. Try the 27.5's if you wish, can't hurt because you can 'dial' them down with the fuel screws, if necessary.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I doubt if you need much more then 165 mains with that combination..............

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the guy from ct said that is the way they got the most power with my set up. I ordered 2 25's and 2 27.5's so I'll give it a whirl when they get in. Thanks for all the input. I'll figure this thing out soon enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts