Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was riding in the mourning, and it ran perfect. Then i went riding in the same place and day, but in the afternoon, and it ran like crap. It would backfire, stumble really bad, and just sometimes die. Is it running to rich or lean? or something else????

·
Registered
349 Posts
Have you jetted before? If not you need to jet if you running open air lid. Have you tried to check your PB wire?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i was riding in the mourning, and it ran perfect. Then i went riding in the same place and day, but in the afternoon, and it ran like crap. It would backfire, stumble really bad, and just sometimes die. Is it running to rich or lean? or something else????
If it was running fine one day and then not the next, I suggest you have fuel contamination problems or dirty carbs, start by changing fuel and then dismantle and clean the carbs.............
Another scenario is electrical problems such as a rev limiter engaging, PB or Reverse, this will cause rough running, check your reverse light if it comes on when the problem starts, it is does you most likely have a problem with the contact of the green and white wire at the reverse switch, clean and crimp it............

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks willy killer. it ended up being contaminates in the fuel, little black specs. idk how it got their but whatever... runs great after i cleaned it out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts