Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, Anyone

Need help jetting my carb. I purchased a White Brothers slip on K&N filter. I got a Dynojet jet kit. It told me to jet to 132 w/o air box mod and 136 with air box mod. and needle on 3rd clip position. It would not run at all with 136, will run a little with 132 with choke on then cuts off and won't restart for awhile. The stock jet is 142.5. It also told me to adjust my mixture screw 3 turns. Can't find it, the picture on directions is wrong. It appears that my 06 don't have one.

06 raptor 350

Any one got any suggestions?

Also having real problems getting K&N to fit any help with this would be great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
my dealer jetted mine with a 165 and it ran way to rich so i put a 155 in it and it runs perfect it has a open airbox and slip on pipe

·
Registered
554 Posts
Since your bike will not even start now it sounds more like you have an air leak. Double check both the top and bottom of the carb that you got the float bowel and throttle cap on tight and the seal is there well. Make sure the Intake manifold is on with a good seal.

DynoJet has its own numbering system. The numbers do not match up to the OEM numbering system. I know it is too late but when anybody goes to jet a Yamaha and wants to buy a jet kit I suggest for them to get a GYT-R jet kit. The numbering is stock and less confusing. My bike also liked the 155 main jet. This is 5 jet steps up from stock. For better startup and idle try going up one on your pilot jet to a 25. Stock is 22.5 (OEM numbering).

On your needle make sure you did not move your clip the wrong way. With the needle pointing down the clip will be in the most bottom of the 3 grooves so that it raises the needle out of the main jet.

If you bought the drop in K&N filter instead of the Clamp on, they do not fit well at all. There is a difference between the K&N drop in filter for the Raptor and the Warrior, but a lot of your stores sell the same for both. The drop in style, for lack of a better word, suck. Some people get them to fit just fine, but a lot of people complain about them. If it is not too late I would definately buy a clamp on style filter such as a Pro Design, Uni or GYT-R.

On the '06 350 the air mixture screw is in the front of the carb on the bottom. There is a metal plug that covers the screw. You have to remove this metal plug to get to the air mixture screw. The stock setting from the factory is right around 2 1/2 to 3 turns out anyway. So I would not be to worried about this yet till you get your jetting a little closer then you can fine tune it with the air mixture.

Hope this helps. Any more questions just shout.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.