Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 raptor 250, with screen removed, air box lid removed and a full FMF Powerbomb header pipe and muffler setup...a/f screw 1.5 turns out and I am at sea level to about 1000'...started with GYTR jetting needle clip 3rd from top (2nd from the bottom), GYTR pilot and a 138 Main...plug was lean...now up to a Dyno jet 145 main and still lean...plug electrode is white, no popping on decel or bogging when revving while sitting at idle so I assume the jet and a/f screw settings are fine...any adivse????

·
Registered
836 Posts
I had the same problem as you.. I live at 500 feet altitude and had the intake screen removed, uni filter, air box lid off, and the spark arrestor removed (pretty much the same setup you have).. i had to rejet my quad legit like 12 times before i finally got the mixture perfect (i was always coming out lean every time i up jetted).. I finally settled with a 172.5 main and 35 pilot at 3.5 turns out on the fuel screw (got the jets from jetsrus.com) and i used 4 small washers to raise the needle a little bit.. I hope this helps you

·
Registered
836 Posts
almost all the members of the 250 section here can tell you about my troubles i had with jetting on the 250.. took me over a year to get the jetting all figured out.. wish i had somebody to help me with it

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have an 08 raptor 250, with screen removed, air box lid removed and a full FMF Powerbomb header pipe and muffler setup...a/f screw 1.5 turns out and I am at sea level to about 1000'...started with GYTR jetting needle clip 3rd from top (2nd from the bottom), GYTR pilot and a 138 Main...plug was lean...now up to a Dyno jet 145 main and still lean...plug electrode is white, no popping on decel or bogging when revving while sitting at idle so I assume the jet and a/f screw settings are fine...any adivse????
i have a similar set up on my wifes, i run a larger pilot 27.5??, and a 165 to 167.5 mikuni main jet and plug is perfect.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey P411m,

Sounds like these guys are pointing you in the right direction. One word of advice. Its easier to start rich and work your way down than start lean and work your way up. Take a 170 put it in and see what the plug looks like.

Also, get a can of carb cleaner and spray around the carb and intake make sure of no vacuum leaks.

Jason Weidner;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
IN my sons Raptor im running a 180. Second Clip from the top. 2 turns out and a 35 Pilot. also make sure you write down what you done and and the results. Ever since i have came home from Iraq i have had to write every thing down cause my memory is very bad. I wish i would have done it years ago. Also did you call your exhaust company to find out what they suggest. HMF told me every thing to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts