Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me narrow down the jets to buy. 05 660R, white bros e-series full system, K&N air filter, stock box, no snorkel, no holes, 1000ft above sea level, 50 - 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
130 Posts
are you going to buy a jet kit? if you buy a dynojet i would suggest 146 148. If all else falses call white bros, and see what they say

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
In AZ like you I got my quad to run best on a 146/148 with the needles on clip 4 and the air screws at 3.5 turns. It was nt perfect but for my bike it was the best I could get it before I went another route. I have similiar mods to you.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
Help me narrow down the jets to buy. 05 660R, white bros e-series full system, K&N air filter, stock box, no snorkel, no holes, 1000ft above sea level, 50 - 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

Any help would be great.
Mikuni/Stock jets:
22.5 pilots (OEM) and 2.5 turns out on fuel screws or 25 pilots and 1.5 turns out
OEM needles on 3rd clip
155/160 mains

and work from there.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
you'll probably be fine just going up one size on the mains, the jetting nor the power is going to change much with a slip-on and leaving the airbox lid on it.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought a proflow kit with K&N filter. it comes with outwear, but i ride in the dunes and such and am fearful of sand gettin in my airbox. I would like to run w/o the lid, but i dont know if the outerwear is anough to stop the sand from getting in the airbox...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Like stated above, sand doesnt get through the outerwear as long as its on properly. It does a great job at preventing dust to a degree too.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys... Is that a new 700 under your name? Congrats, now you have something to work on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts