Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my 660 a few months ago and the jetting is way off. I live at 8000 feet and it came from about 4000 feet. I dont know if it was jetted correctly but it only has a pipe on it. I want to take the air box lid off so what are your suggestions for jetting?

·
Master of the Electron
15,653 Posts
How does it run? With the lid on it will likely be too rich for your altitude... with the lid off, it may be okay, but most likely too lean. I'd start drilling 3/4-1" holes in the lid until the current jetting is just perfect for your altitude, then you can tape em over with duct tape when you take trips down the mountain.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
How does it run? With the lid on it will likely be too rich for your altitude... with the lid off, it may be okay, but most likely too lean. I'd start drilling 3/4-1" holes in the lid until the current jetting is just perfect for your altitude, then you can tape em over with duct tape when you take trips down the mountain.
That is an excellent suggestion...............
At that altitude, you will mainly be playing with the needles, making sure it is in the right position........

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now, I had to adjust it so I have less throttle or it will flood itself its so rich. I was thinking of cutting out the middle of the air box and putting foam on it to help keep a little dust out while increasing air flow. The thing is it might still be stock jetting. I have know idea.

·
Master of the Electron
15,653 Posts
If you simply do what I suggest you will get there readily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts