Raptor Forum banner

261 - 280 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok...Been gone a while(sorry guys!)...divorce yada yada sold my 01 Raptor...thought was an 03....any way....got a mint 04 LE.....bought a pro designs intake(K&N) and a full Yoshi exhaust...I live in Minnesota at 1500' elevation...where to start with my jetting??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am at 5000 ft and above in the sierra mountains. I have a 2003 660r with gytr exhaust and gytr filter with no lid. I have #25 pilots, screws 2 turns out and 155/160 jets. Runs great at this altitude.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2003 raptor 660
stage 1 H.C.
stock carbs.
27.5 mikuni pilots
2.5 turns out l/r
dynojet neddles, mains
148L/150
4th clip from top
stock spacer on needle
full yoshimura exhaust
modified air box lid on.
at sea level.
south Fla.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update,
2003 660r
stage 1 hotcams
stock bore / piston
L&A one way
wiseco clutch basket
barnett clutches
K&N modified lid and air box 8 × 1" holes
dyno jet needles and springs
27.5 pilots
148-150 dynojet mains
4th clip from top
Clear tube float adjust
matched intake boots
full yoshimura exhaust
speed sensor reluctor wheel modded to 10 tooth

13/41 gearing
79.0 mph @ 7800+
south florida
at sea level

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got my jet kit in along with my 25 pilots and I live in North Carolina what would be a good starting point for my carbs I have stock pipes with baffle removed and going to mod air box ???

I don't know about sea level please help thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm not familiar at all with Dynojet and their sizes...
You'll have to ask or search on here for a close setup start point.
Mines all stock with the snorkel mod.
675' asl. I'm running 145L - 150R on my main jets with #25 pilot air jets.
All Mikuni jets.
Fuel air screws are 3 turns out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I didn't do anything else to my airbox or lid other than remove the snorkel.
Looks like they want you to use the 142L- 144R setup. That's a good starting point.
FYI - I left my front plastics off for tuning to save time, you'll need to install the bolts on the high rear of the headlights to keep them from falling off..!!!
I am running stock needles in the carbs and may have a flat spot. Not sure yet, recovering from an injury. Can't ride yet...
:(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for your help what little time I got to ride it today it was top notch I had to park it because got to get bowl gaskets now they was leaking a little

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for your help what little time I got to ride it today it was top notch I had to park it because got to get bowl gaskets now they was leaking a little
Hope it's working out fine.
Make sure it's not ur floats.
Floats set wrong and/or bad needle & seats will drain fuel thru the overflow fixture/tubes at bottom of carbs (& onto the ground beneath the swing arm if u have the tubes connected under the carbs).
Bowl gaskets leaking will get the whole underside of carbs wet then drip onto the engine right behind the cylinder.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It was leaking @ the bowls I took them off hook the tank back up to them and was watch for it then it started @ the bowl nothing was coming out off the tubes on the bottom of the bowls

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im having the same problem figuring out what jet size i need for my 05 660r , i have just the stock air box with foam filter , im putting on a big gun evo r on it it and i was wondering what size jets to go with so it dosent run hot and make the pipe glow like before , any help would be apprecaited im new to the forum

261 - 280 of 305 Posts