Raptor Forum banner

281 - 300 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Im having the same problem figuring out what jet size i need for my 05 660r , i have just the stock air box with foam filter , im putting on a big gun evo r on it it and i was wondering what size jets to go with so it dosent run hot and make the pipe glow like before , any help would be apprecaited im new to the forum
Slip on exhaust or full pipe?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello New to the site so not sure if this is where to post this.. I have an 01 660R, hmf exhaust, stage one hot cam, open air box with pro flo.elevation about 1100ft .going to take the mains out tomorrow and check for plugs but having some cut out at 3/4 to full throttle.possibly re jet?? What jets to buy?? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello New to the site so not sure if this is where to post this.. I have an 01 660R, hmf exhaust, stage one hot cam, open air box with pro flo.elevation about 1100ft .going to take the mains out tomorrow and check for plugs but having some cut out at 3/4 to full throttle.possibly re jet?? What jets to buy?? Any help would be appreciated.
Slip on exhaust or full pipe?
It makes a difference

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like full exhaust. just got the raptor but there's no heat shield mounts on the header like a stock one. it looks aftermarket to me any advice on how to tell if it is?? stock??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks like full exhaust. just got the raptor but there's no heat shield mounts on the header like a stock one. it looks aftermarket to me any advice on how to tell if it is?? stock??
I don't run a setup like that, but that's a need to know on the pipe.
Sounds aftermarket & full.
I run 150/155 so it'll be bigger I'm sure.
Check with Dezperado or TXOutlaw.
Read thru this whole tread and take note of who has a setup like yours or as close as possible, ALTITUDE, and their jet size.
That should get u in the ball park.

·
Registered
95 Posts
sill having issues on jetting :(

When i use 146-148 DJ mains it runs awesome WOT in 1st and 2nd gear but WOT in 3rd and 4th gear holds back.... when i use 150-155 WOT in 1st and 2nd gear is slower but WOT in 3rd and 4th gear more powerfull..

also if i use 150-155 and stop the engine i hear a sound coming out of the exhaust... (whoam, like its blowing some air)

What should i do :(

FMF full exhaust
K&N replacement filter, no lid
dynojet kit
screws between 2 and 3
sealevel

·
I am unique
22,619 Posts
sill having issues on jetting :(

When i use 146-148 DJ mains it runs awesome WOT in 1st and 2nd gear but WOT in 3rd and 4th gear holds back.... when i use 150-155 WOT in 1st and 2nd gear is slower but WOT in 3rd and 4th gear more powerfull..

also if i use 150-155 and stop the engine i hear a sound coming out of the exhaust... (whoam, like its blowing some air)

What should i do :(

FMF full exhaust
K&N replacement filter, no lid
dynojet kit
screws between 2 and 3
sealevel
Adjust your needles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Elevation:810 feet asl
Jet Type: Mikuni pilots, mains etc, dynojet needle, stock slide spring
Intake Mods: K&N filter, proflo adapter, full box without lid
Exhaust Mods: stock head pipes to collector, white bro's slip on
Porting/Motor Mods: light head porting, HR+4 stroker with vertex piston, 102mm bore. wiseco valves, oil mod,
Other: used a dynojet wideband to tune afr at wot=12.8/13:1, cruising is a solid 14:1
dual fed carbs with larger float valves, floats adjusted per clear tube method.

Jetting:
Pilots: 22.5 left, 25 right
Fuel Screws: 1.25 each
Needles: 3rd clip minus thin washer
Mains: 160/165

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got a 150/155 main with clip in middle stock needle 25 pilots bike mod :k&n air filter with stock box hmf slip on exhaust stock motor, were should i start on setting my air mixture any help?

·
Master of the Electron
14,485 Posts
You should be just about fine where you are currently... 2 turns out to start, go 1/4 in if it stumbles at idle, 1/4 out if it backfires at throttle down or returns to idle slowly.

Aftermarket needles are necessary if you open up the airbox.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK well i just found out that the person i got my bike from had grooved out the duct on air box for more air flow so im ordering the dyno stage 2 jet kit that comes with the needles. i currently have mikuni 150/155 mains with 25 pilots stoclk needles in carb now iv heard that the dyno jets are numbered differnetly then the mikuni. any ideas on where to start with the dyno kit? the bike runs pretty decent the way it is now i just get a hard stumble when i try to full thottle. bike mods k&n air replacment filter with duct removed with hmf slip on

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
DJ kit comes with some instructions on their sizing. They are quite a bit different as the largest number that will come in the kit will be a lesser number than you have now but will flow more.

Here are the instructions you'll receive with the kit, should give you a starting off point.
http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/Q414.pdf

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok i got the stage 2 dyno jet kit installed im running 144/146 dj with the dyno jet needle on the 5th clip from the top. the directions said to intall on the 4th clip but my snorkle has been more modified then what the directions said to modify so i moved the needle 1 notch farther from the jet. the bike no longer has the hard stumble that it did and can reach full throttle . it does sputter a bit when you directly punch the throttle to max. im not to shure what to do i tryed calling the DJ service line but couldnt get through. mabe go up a size on jet, mover my needle any help??

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
go back to the 4th or 3rd clip. People don't really even run in the 5th clip position when running no air box lid at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jetting help

2004 raptor
Elevation: 700 - 1000
Air fuel: 3L - 3R
Pilot jet: 25
Main jet: 146-150
Clip on needle: 3 out of 6 positions
Mods: fmf header w/ fmf muffler, rev box, k&n filter with stock box and lid. Basically stock engine

Ok the problem im having is major hesitation from 1/4 throttle to 1/2-3/4 throttle. Blueish- orange flame are coming out of the muffler. It starts and idels fine. I also have problems with header pipe glowing orange like its still running lean.. idk, this is getting frustrating!

I need some expert advice.. also carbs have cleaned and rebuilt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im not having any luck with the jetting. The fmf power bomb turns cherry red. Starts fine.. has quarter throttle.. has aftermarket needles.. set on the 2 from the top. 25 polits.. 46 L carb main and 50 R main jet.. im at a 800 ft elevation..

281 - 300 of 300 Posts