Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
95% finished rebuilding my 2001 raptor 660, started her up and she’s bogging and popping, only things i have done to effect that is swap the standard exhaust to a gpr end can and ebay special pipes, got rid of the air box completely, just got the double air filter exposed. I did up jet it too i’m pretty sure i stuck 160/165 in and 25 pilots, 2.5 turns out on the fuel screws. Do i need to go higher or lower? Thanks for the help, how do i upload photos and i shall show you what she looks like ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking through some posts looks like i may need to adjust the needles as i never touched them.. can you adjust the standard needles or will i need to buy new ones? Few pictures below, need to mount number plate, bleed front brakes, track front end, put my nerf bars on and she’s ready for an mot, oh and the exhaust header bolt i snapped and need to get out the head, lol.

Attachments

·
Master of the Electron
14,544 Posts
You need aftermarket needles with the open airbox. Unfortunately the only way to get them is with the Dynojet kit...

Make sure you have the reverse and parking brake switch issues resolved (read the Most common 660 problems sticky) because they can cause problems just above idle (but you can't break through them to higher RPMs - if you CAN, they are not likely the issue).

Remember, the pilot jets and fuel screws control mixture at closed to 1/4 throttle, the needles between 1/4 and 3/4 and the mains from 3/4 to full throttle. AN easy way to tell if you are rich or lean at one of those three areas is to close the fuel petcock and then ride with the throttle in the one position you want to test. As the fuel level drops in the float bowls, all three stages get leaner SO if your issue briefly gets better you were too rich... if it gets worse your are too lean.

Oh, and WELCOME to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@QuadManiac thanks for the help, sorted the exhaust bolt tracked her up best i could today, just need to install the nerf bars and she’s ready for mot. Took her round the block she can break through and get to high rpm, throttle feels good one second then popping and spluttering the next, i shall try and sorce a dynokit and do the needles, thanks again for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine bogs and pops. It will go decently. But I know it should be way faster. I'm getting beat by a predator 500 badly. And ideas ???? ATV currently has stock exhaust with k&n filter. Filter cover still on.

·
Master of the Electron
14,544 Posts
Carb cleaning most likely, or loose reverse switch lead, dirty/wet parking brake switch lead... read the stickies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts