Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Big 3 are done, bike is a ripper and ready to upgrade the suspension. I purposely bought the base model to upgrade the suspension to some nice hardware.

I know very little about the brands out there, but see these two thrown around constantly. I don't see a website for Jogaca so can anyone explain what is offered there? Rebuilds of existing shocks or can you buy ready to go kits?

Ultimately what I'm looking for is the ability to send the company some details like my weight, riding conditions, etc and they send me a package I can simply bolt on and go with no adjustment needed. I ride trails almost exclusively.

Do you guys recommend doing +2 arms as well or is the suspension upgrade plenty?

Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi guys,

Big 3 are done, bike is a ripper and ready to upgrade the suspension. I purposely bought the base model to upgrade the suspension to some nice hardware.

I know very little about the brands out there, but see these two thrown around constantly. I don't see a website for Jogaca so can anyone explain what is offered there? Rebuilds of existing shocks or can you buy ready to go kits?

Ultimately what I'm looking for is the ability to send the company some details like my weight, riding conditions, etc and they send me a package I can simply bolt on and go with no adjustment needed. I ride trails almost exclusively.

Do you guys recommend doing +2 arms as well or is the suspension upgrade plenty?

Thanks!
You can finde Jogaca Suspension Works on facebook to contact Kevin there. Great guy to deal! He can set full rebuild, revalve your own shocks and fit to your weight, ridding conditions, custom powder coat paint, etc etc. You can ask him for progressive springs up to triple rate springs in front shocks. I highly recommend widder a-arms and long travel suspension (and a-arms too) YFZ450r 2018 and up shocks are great to send them to him to work with. Its night and day ridding difference! you will never regreat. More safe, more control, more comfort = more speed handled. Stock KYB shocks (Raptor or YFZ 450r) are great shock fully adjustable, they are strong and reliable, build to have much less manteinance than Elka, Fox shocks. Thats a big thing to have into consideration. Attached is Jocaga shocks done for me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I went with elka legacy long travel with houser + .5 a arms. It is night and day better than stock.

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went with elka legacy long travel with houser + .5 a arms. It is night and day better than stock.
That sounds like about what I'd be shooting for. How wide is your bike now? My truck is kinda narrow so I need to make sure it'll fit before I do all these changes.

On that note, can someone with +2 arms measure and tell me how wide the entire thing is now? Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Need to bring a tape measure home from work. Can not find one in the garage.

·
Registered
2020 Raptor 700
44 Posts
That sounds like about what I'd be shooting for. How wide is your bike now? My truck is kinda narrow so I need to make sure it'll fit before I do all these changes.

On that note, can someone with +2 arms measure and tell me how wide the entire thing is now? Thanks guys!
It is at 50” depending on your tires and rim setup.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Call Jogaca directly and BS with him about what you want, how you ride.

jogaca (Kevin Groff) 480-262-3216. He is in the Arizona time zone.

This is my vote.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha 700R
79 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks!
Did you take them off /put them on yourself or take it to the dealer?
Thanks!
Jerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts