Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

First post here. Where to begin?

After going through a life tragedy (losing my apartment to a massive wildfire in Southern California) I made a promise to myself once I settled my lawsuit that I would get a quad. That day has come; as I have placed a hold deposit on a base 2020 white & black 700! It should arrive at my local dealer by the end of the month.

Here is the worksheet breakdown-
Dealer Unit Price- $8099.00
Freight & Dealer Prep- $1195.00
MVSC- $30.00
Tire Recycle Fee- $3.50
Sales Tax- $726.87
Title/License/Registration- $52.00
Administration Fees- $85.00

Total OTD price $10,191.37

Do you guys think this is a good deal? I have not committed to anything, other than the $250 i gave them on 10/13/20 to hold the bike. This dealer has been around forever, Cal Coast Motorsports in Ventura, CA. This will be my first quad purchase. I stopped in today to get the OTD and asked what financial institutions they work with, because I just joined a local credit union (to possibly get a loan) yesterday. I showed the sales manager my Credit Karma scores on my phone, he said I'm good to go when the bike gets delivered. If you were in my position, who should I finance with? Yamaha, another lender the dealer uses or the credit union? I only ask because I have never bought a brand new ATV before, so I have no idea how the financing process works with a "luxury" vehicle.

I greatly appreciate this forum & I can't wait to get my quad and show you guys my build! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Finance it with the cheapest fixed interest rate you can find, regardless of who it is. You can always refinance at a lower rate too.
Yamaha also has 0% interest for 3 years, and low rates for longer.

I think you have a good Ca price, but they are a grand or more cheaper in alot of other states.

·
Registered
26 Posts
exactly as stated above, see the best they can give you, while also running it by your credit union they usually offer pretty good rates if the Yamaha financing 0% doesn't work out,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much, guys! I really appreciate all the info. When I get the bike, I'm also going to build a custom drive on workbench for it, as well as a trailer. I'll post the plans and build photos on both!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts