Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how you jump a raptor if possible if your battery dies on a trail somewhere. I tried doing mine in 5th and I could get it to kick a few times but never fire up. Anyone ever done this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fifth gear is too high. I've had to do it before and second gear was the trick. It would be a bear to get it going fast enough on a trail to make the engine spin fast enough for it to fire. It also seems like the raptor gets its spark from the battery rather than the generator. I think the battery needs at least a little juice to fire. Can anyone confirm or deny?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ya, second gear is what I have used too on other things, never tried on my Raptor.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
if you have good weight over the rear tires 1st gear may work since its preety long on raptors, but second gear is generally the gear used when push starting anything, definatly nothing over 2nd though

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you give it any gas or just push it as fast as you can and pop the clutch like a car?

·
Registered
735 Posts
ive done it with no battery :thumbsup: if its warm, you shouldnt need to giv it gas, fast as you can, pop in 2-3rd works fine. Ive towed others to start them to. Reverse may work on a 660 since it is geared really high...never tried it...gonna have to do it huh? ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
never could get it to work in 1st...but second works for roll starting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts