Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading awhile ago about ppl who jump their raptors having issues with the chain hitting the can. I'm getting a set of blacked out barkers and don't want to mess em up. Is there anyway to keep this from happening, besides not jumping it lol

I have stock rear shock.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
You can stiffen up the rear shock and hope it doesn't bottom out enough to hit the pipes. This is really only a problem with heavier riders.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
start with smaller jumps and work your way up this way if its gonna hit it wont smash them and then you can stiffen the shock if you need to or just add some more compression so your not making the shock to hard.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I'm 6'4" 205lbs, I'll try and stiffen the spring or add some compression. I def don't want to measure up my awesome cans, they are just so dam sexy!

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
you don't want to make it to stiff other wise it will want to buck you over the bars if you havn't added any more rebound but the compression will help keep it smoother and keep it from bottoming out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sup Big Daddy,
I havent jumped any major jumps, but have launched non the less. I havent had any issues with my Barkers cans. I do have the billet straps, instead of the old style. Which may make a difference. The old style is not as "snug" as the billet straps. I have tried both. The billet is definitely the way to go

Good luck 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts