Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a GYTR aluminum adapter which Uni filter? I went to my local bike shop and all they had were the stock ones with the hole in the back that works with the stock filter. Anyone with the correct part #? any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reason being is that I had a couple issues using paper guaze filters and just gave up on them. Where I nornally ride its pretty dusty and fine sand. So I just stayed using oil air filters.... Well I ended up using a 2 3/4 x 6 UNI universal fiter. And it fits perfectly in the air box except that its 2 inches shorter than stock. Thanks for the link PaleRider thats actually where I purchased the GYTR air box adaptor. Excellent prices for the western region I must admit. Funny thing about ordering from them is that items get shipped from southern Cal up to Seattle then back down to So Cal. where I live. Unfortunately Yamaha Ca. does not drop ship...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I personally don't like the GYTR filters because i had one and maybe after 5 or so rides it collapsed in on itself. I like K&N and id never use anything different.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I use the Pro Design intake and adaptor, they have a partner ship with Uni and sale the intake and adaptor as a kit, I was going to recommend contacting Pro Design they could have mached you up with a nice dual stage foam filter for that intake, I will never use another K&N filter, they let a ton of dirt into your intake, that will eventually be the end of your topend, they are way over rated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts