Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since they are carbon fiber will they be more brittle in the cold weather and should I take them off in the coldest months?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I wouldn't worry about them cracking. I've already fkn peened them off rocks and stumps at speed and had no ill effects. Actually, I'd be more worried about aluminum rims cracking in the cold!!! Also, if you do have an issue with them, HiPer has top notch customer service.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I thought they would be fine but just was curious. Hey let me ask you is tightening them to torque specs time consuming or what. Star pattern a little at time. Damn I think it took me an hour and a half to do all four. But it is sweet mounting them on your own. :thumbsup: $$ in my pocket.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah, torquing them the first time sucked. It took so much fkn time, I started using and electric impact wrench and hit them in an alternate and equal tighening pattern for a second two, two times per bead. The third time, I bring them home with an the torque wrench.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Speaking of Hipers... is there any reason not to get the dual bead lock rears?

Shawn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.