Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I gave it a couple weeks and decided that if the dealership still had the 06 anniversary and I could get the right price, I was gonna take it home. Salesmen love me. I walk in, I buy. lol.

Anyhow, here it is right when we got home:

And here it is staying cozy warm in the shop:

I didn't get to ride it much, but I did rip up and down the road a little. The pipe was still smokin a lot after I shut it down... so I know it wasn't really run at all

Now, off to the FAQ to find out what my first mod(s) should be! lol

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
you will start looking around these forums are your gonna notice just about everyone is modded, so prepare the checkbook for some deductians!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome aboard! You got the best color! Old School Yamaha!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Enjoy man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys! no worries about scratches that way. :) She made it home good.

Just checked the plugs for the fan.. they were good! And I checked the fuel pump! It's good too! I'm pretty happy about that!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Congrats, My $.02, if you ride any rough terrain I would do skidz all around first. Hell of a bike, enjoy.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nice ride, you got the best color too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scott011422 said:
Looks good! Those tires in the back look deadly!
They are my ice riding tires. Sled studs in them. They work so great.. 100x better than ice screws or anything else, and they last forever. The traction is amazing.

The only problem is they're for my Z400, so the bolt patter on the rims isn't the same. So, I have to decide if I want to try and find new hubs for the rappy that have the honda/suzuki bolt pattern, or just get an extra set of rappy rims and mount the tires on them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah man sweet ride hope you got heavy pockets now. this place is addicting and so is modding. lots of great advice around here though

·
Registered
786 Posts
Looks great :thumbsup: 2 things you never forget. The drive home lookin in the mirror at your new toy :grin_nod:, and the day your put that first scratch in it :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
lol, thats no kidding..I looked backwards at my bike the whole ride home..1.5 hrs...had a crick in my neck.( I wasnt driving btw).anyhow..congrats on the new quad man!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Beaner242 said:
Looks great :thumbsup: 2 things you never forget. The drive home lookin in the mirror at your new toy :grin_nod:, and the day your put that first scratch in it :(
The night I broyght mine home it rained the whole way :'( I wanted to bring my poor baby in the truck and cover her up. :(

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Very nice!! Good pick on the color :lol: Is that a crew cab titan? If so does the rappy fit in the bed with the tailgate up? It is a 5 and 1/2 foot bed right?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep, 4 door Titan. Nope, tailgate doesn't quite close. Maybe if you aired out the tires it would. Straps work fine, or I also use a 2 place sled trailer to haul as well.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
OK thanks :thumbsup: I'm looking at getting a new Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew cab or a Nissan Titan Crew cab..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts