Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a good deal on a Dobeck TFI from a member here, and ordered the DMC Force 4s from TQS. After talking to them about the air filter, guess it won't make that much of a difference running the stock. Thinking of going with something little bigger down the road.

I can't believe what a difference it made!!!! All stock before, have 22" swamplites w/13 tooth front, and was fast and torquey, never had a lack of power. I'm not great at wheelies, but without trying too hard, the front would come up easy in first on pavement, had to try harder in 2nd. If in dirt or terrain with less traction, the tires would just spin.

Now AFTER I did this stuff, 1st is simple to the point of scary, too much and would go over real easy, 2nd is simple, just hit the gas, 3rd needs a little body english, 4th with some RPMs and more english, and this is on grass. I've only been able to ride it around at my mom's house, but decent sized yard. It's like a whole nother machine!!!!

Video's do NOT do the exhaust justice. I tried to take a small vid, and sounds like crap. Has a super deal throaty idle and mid RPMs that a most camera's can't pick up. I'd take pics, but looks like any other 700 with pipes.

I highly recommend doing this, so far makes it worth every penny!!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Get an air filter on there so the motor can breathe a little better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just received my big three kit from tqs. i cant wait to put it on this weekend. congrats !!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Now AFTER I did this stuff, 1st is simple to the point of scary, too much and would go over real easy, 2nd is simple, just hit the gas, 3rd needs a little body english, 4th with some RPMs and more english, and this is on grass. I've only been able to ride it around at my mom's house, but decent sized yard. It's like a whole nother machine!!!!

I highly recommend doing this, so far makes it worth every penny!!!!
Go back to the stock 14t front sprocket. It'll be more manageable and give you more time between shifting. Unless you like wheeling on demand. I use a 15t front.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
FCI time

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will put a different air box or at least filter, just not sure of which one I want. I do alot of mud riding, since everywhere I go it's always there. If not mud then water. Any opinions on which one??

Also I did have the 13t up front, remember reading the 15t with stock size tires and what a difference it made. I put the stock 14t back on and took it for a trail ride. All I can say is wow, even with more gear and the heavy tires, this thing is a monster!! Not to mention sounds like one too. A couple of times I had a hard time keeping the front down while doing some steep hills. I had to let off a little so I could steer and not hit the tree that is approaching rather quick!!!!

I'm hoping I can go back out today, wifey is going to friends house, so if my sis can watch my daughter, and the rain holds off long enough......

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
FCI with box I rode every where with that don't sink it above seat.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just looking that them, almost $300 yikes!!!!!

Knock on wood, haven't been in anything over the seat yet. Had mud/water splashed, but not quite the same. After each poker run and all the mud that was everywhere, there still wasn't alot on the airbox.....

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
They're not just an adapter and a filter it's a complete intake filter air box and all. If you bore TB or add cam and piston you'll really tell the difference. The rest are just adapter style this is a complete intake.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Look for a used one on here or eBay.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know it's the whole airbox, but still quite a bit of money....See what the money situation is....

I don't care if I get a used one or not, long as it's good....

·
Registered
167 Posts
It looks like it still uses the stock tube from the box to the TB I think I would wait on the FCI.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I know it's the whole airbox, but still quite a bit of money....See what the money situation is....

I don't care if I get a used one or not, long as it's good....
Its not the whole airbox bro, its the entire air intake system, intake tube from the tb all the way to the new airbox, flows twice as much air as stock. It cost alot cause its one of the best intakes you can buy when it comes to hp

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
So you ride in water over the seat is why you need a kid on a box? I ride the Florida swamps box less and the mountains of Ky just skim the water don't go under it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There is just as much water and mud up here as there is down there. Last ride I went on I had a little bit of mud inside the snorkel on the intake lid, more than what I want.

I'd rather have a lid and not have to worry bout getting mud/water in there, than NOT have the lid and worry bout mud/water getting in there. But, I'm sure I can figure something out for a lid...

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Now I'm box less I got a splash gaurds under filter I went with the 54 mm TB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts