Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the kit. It rides great. Looks crazy wide. I have the tie rod extensions installed, but I think I want to go ahead and get some full on extended tie rods. Where can I get some? I am guessing I would need +3". Is that correct? I figured 6" wider means +3" for each tie rod. I called my local shop and yamaha wants $105 for theres. Got to be a cheaper alternative than that. Thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
can you post up some close pics please...im trying to install mine +4" and want to make sure im doing it right. thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you post up some close pics please...im trying to install mine +4" and want to make sure im doing it right. thanks
I don't have any pics yet, but I can run you through it.

There should be two pieces that are longer than the rest. Those are for mounting your shocks. Those brackets mount on the outside of the stock shock mounts.

Then there should be four pieces that are exactly the same and they are curved on top. These are for your lower A-arms. These mount on the outside of the stock mounts also. First one goes on the outside towards the front of the bike and the second goes on the outside of the mount towards the rear of the bike. Same for the second two brackets.

The last two pieces are for your upper a-arms. Mount these the same way. Outside of the mounts.

I will post some pics when I get off work.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Try one of the site sponsers or call some A-arm Manufacturer's(Lonestar,Full Flight) or RMATV use to sell some but not sure about +3's though. Thay should be easy to get though.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't have any pics yet, but I can run you through it.

There should be two pieces that are longer than the rest. Those are for mounting your shocks. Those brackets mount on the outside of the stock shock mounts.

Then there should be four pieces that are exactly the same and they are curved on top. These are for your lower A-arms. These mount on the outside of the stock mounts also. First one goes on the outside towards the front of the bike and the second goes on the outside of the mount towards the rear of the bike. Same for the second two brackets.

The last two pieces are for your upper a-arms. Mount these the same way. Outside of the mounts.

I will post some pics when I get off work.
Im pretty sure your wrong with the a-arms bracket placement. They are supposed to be mounted to the front of the stock mounts for the a-arms. The only brackets that both go on the outside of the stock mounts are the shock ones.

The a-arms brackets all goto the front of the OEM mounts.

Here is the link to their instructions.

http://www.diamondjcustoms.com/instructions/700r_660r_Wid_Kit_Instr.pdf

Says to the front of OEM mounts. If you put them both on the outside of the OEM mounts like for the upper a-arm there will be a big gap between the brackets and the a-arms.

We made our own kit, which is a couple links below this one in the suspension section. So I'm pretty good with how the kits work.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Did you look at the pictures in our thread about our own kit? There are plenty of close ups of the install.

Just put the a-arm brackets to the front of the oem mounts.

The shock brackets goto the outside of the oem mounts.

Install the a-arms and tighten all the bolts. Bingo

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Did you look at the pictures in our thread about our own kit? There are plenty of close ups of the install.

Just put the a-arm brackets to the front of the oem mounts.

The shock brackets goto the outside of the oem mounts.

Install the a-arms and tighten all the bolts. Bingo
I agree that the a-arm brackets go to the front of the stock mounts.

Speed - where are you getting the decent priced extended tie rods? Several people have asked me lately.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just installed the kit. It rides great. Looks crazy wide. I have the tie rod extensions installed, but I think I want to go ahead and get some full on extended tie rods. Where can I get some? I am guessing I would need +3". Is that correct? I figured 6" wider means +3" for each tie rod. I called my local shop and yamaha wants $105 for theres. Got to be a cheaper alternative than that. Thanks
Tie Rods?
http://misfitfabrication.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2156295

1 - 8 of 8 Posts