Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And WOW what a difference, i thought the bike was fast before! It flat out hauls now!

I think im currently at 4, 7, 8, 7 or there abouts. Did a few plug checks and it was really rich, havent checked it since the last tune, but im letting it cool off before i check it. I think its alot closer now, before it was puffing black smoke but now its not.

Thanks for the write-ups and all the usefull info, the installs went very smooth.

Tyler

·
Registered
468 Posts
Make sure you are running with the airbox lid off. You didn't mention it your post. You probably already had it off.

Craig,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, actually im running with it on at the moment, i ride alot of trails and its not uncommon for me to come across some water. I never go through anything up to the air box though, just paranoid i guess. But yeah i probably do need to pull it off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great choice in mods :thumbsup: You will definately need to run with lid off, it will make a big difference. If you are paranoid about water getting in (like me) then just run with your outerwears on, and you should be fine.... All the best with the new mods, hope you enjoy!!! :grin_nod: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Or get an EHS racing lid, or protec moflow lid! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, yeah im planning on getting a protec lid. But the funds said not this paycheck lol. Now i see what you guys say about needing the 15t front sprocket.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dobeck recomends 9 for the last setting no matter what pipes or intake your running. Mine is 4749 and runs fine. Run what ever you think is best. The basic 3 mods realy wake the machine up !

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I would not run the rpm at 9, its to high of a rpm and leaves a lean area in the middle, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
610 Posts
SWFRider said:
Dobeck recomends 9 for the last setting no matter what pipes or intake your running. Mine is 4749 and runs fine. Run what ever you think is best. The basic 3 mods realy wake the machine up !
Mine runs fine at my settings, too, but they also asked me what type of riding I do. They said if you run wide open or drag a lot then 6 or 7 on the last pot is preferred. FWIW.
I would love the chance to run wide open sometime :grin_nod:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I like running mine at 8 or 9. It feels more responsive at those settings. I can just be cruising along and bring the front up with just a blip of the throttle............ :grin_nod:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good choice on mods.
I am running 4,7,8,7 too, with the lid on. I'll probably change the last setting to 8 or 9 though.
I am puffing some black smoke as well when I first start the engine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Which should I change then?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
If its on start up, it might be the choke feature, you can also try the the first pot, take it down to 3:30, which is idle and low rpm cruise.

The 2nd pot is like accel pump, 3rd pot is main jet and 4th is when the main jet kicks in.

4th pot

6- 3000 rpm 7- 4000 rpm 8- 5000 rpm 9- 6000 rpm

These are estimates, dobeck said there about 3000 rpm less then that number, I tried to raise mine to 9 and got some popping at half throttle

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks
Also, I never have saw my red light come on from my third pod. Should it light up when I rev it?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I dont know about the lights, I have never looked at them, I just hooked up my dobeck and rode

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have tried a few times.
Should I have to hold the throttle open or just rev it?
Is there a problem if it doesn't light up?

·
Registered
37 Posts
sikraptor is right, the last setting is for when the red light comes on at 3/4 throttle, thus main jet setting giving more fuel. My settings are 4-8-7-6. 6 is where my red light comes on at 3/4 throttle, but my mods are different from yours... Do this test; warm up engine to operating temperature, blimp the throttle 3/4 to full open and watch and see if the red light comes on.. If not, adjust down until you get the red light to come on at 3/4 throttle.
Kam

1 - 20 of 21 Posts