Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one awesome tach/speed/odometer/hourmeter...only had one problem when installing and it was when I couldnt get the damn bolt out the front brake :unsure: fixed that bitch with a bolt and welder :grin_nod: and so far everything works fine, but cant tell if temp works because its like 10F up here...anyone else have one and get 1675 for the tire diameter???

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Post some pics of it installed

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They suggested a number for tire size??? where?? and now temp works :wootwoot:, didnt plug in thing whole way :banghead: and I will put pics up after they are developed :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I use 1625 for tire size. Used the method in which on a flat surface you mark the tire sidewall and the ground with a marking pen. Roll the wheel until the mark on the tire completes one revolution and is back on the ground. Mark the ground at this location. Measure the distance between the marks on the ground and convert the measurement to mm (multiply inches by 25.4). Use this number for your wheel size. For accuracy, the rider’s weight should be on the bike when making this measurement. I also used a level to make sure the tire had completed the revolution (marked the tire on the outside and the center of the hub to make sure it was more exact.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I measured height of tire, multiplied by 25.4 and then by 3.14 and got 1675, but I have stock front 21", what do you have??

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
POST some pics including the clamp

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what clamp?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Take a pic from the top of the Vapor to the gas cap

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I screwed it to the key mount, ill get protective case later, the mount they give you is shit on a raptor because there is no where to put it except by the controls or diagonal...

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I also have stock 21" tires. Remember that the tire will compress a bit because of the bike's and your weight, thus reducing diameter a bit. Do like I told you on previous post making sure you are on the bike when rolling it fot the one revolution.

Hey deception, I just mounted the vapor on the OEM dash like on the top left picture on this address:
http://trailtech.net/store/atv_computer_mounting_photos.html

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:eek: That is exactly what I did, there mounting brackets are dumbass :3question: where they expect you to use that :3question:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This was the hardest part, I had to weld a bolt onto the allen head bolt to get it out...

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just wrap tach wire around the coil wire going to the sparkplug and call trailtech about the power, the red one goes to one in the key switch and the other is grounded to handlebars, not sure which key wire though.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Top, right out of engine

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If your running around good, between 150-180 and when I start putting around it goes up around 200-220

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
im really interested in this....let me know how you like it....i think the shift lights would be nice....and they say they are very accurate

1 - 20 of 22 Posts