Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jets are all factory, same goes for needles, factory exhaust, factory airbox and lid, UNI slip on filter. I set the AF screws to 2.5 on each carb. Bike starts up fine and will idle for a given amount of time then just die, also the rpms are a tad high until i adjust the idle screw but this seems to make it die more often as i lower the idle) . Most times it will start back up right away, a few times i need to give it a little gas, But it does always start.

Just looking for a little insight, Ive never been all that great with carb problems.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Jets are all factory, same goes for needles, factory exhaust, factory airbox and lid, UNI slip on filter. I set the AF screws to 2.5 on each carb. Bike starts up fine and will idle for a given amount of time then just die, also the rpms are a tad high until i adjust the idle screw but this seems to make it die more often as i lower the idle) . Most times it will start back up right away, a few times i need to give it a little gas, But it does always start.

Just looking for a little insight, Ive never been all that great with carb problems.
Start by giving the carbs a thorough cleaning internally, all jets and passages, make sure you rod out the jets, and pay special attention to the pilot jets..............

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already did that. Bought a carb kit and replaced everything that came in the kit. Anything that wasnt in the kit was cleaned. It runs fine while moving, imo its either a float issue or AF issue.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Already did that. Bought a carb kit and replaced everything that came in the kit. Anything that wasnt in the kit was cleaned. It runs fine while moving, imo its either a float issue or AF issue.
Did you clean or replace the pilot jets, if you cleaned them, how did you clean them..............

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all jets were replaced, along with float needle and seat, main needle, o-rings, idle screw/spring, AF screw/spring/o-rings. It was a complete rebuild kit.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
all jets were replaced, along with float needle and seat, main needle, o-rings, idle screw/spring, AF screw/spring/o-rings. It was a complete rebuild kit.
Were the pilot jets the same size as used previously, stock is 22.5s but 25s are much better suited to the Raptor.................:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts