Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a procom rectifier? i just ordered one but not sure if it actually makes any difference. pretty much running out of parts to buy.

·
Registered
213 Posts
dude i dont even know what that is, i typed it into google and this is what came up:

http://www.rattlebars.com/prairie/index.html

Some guy put it on his prairie and evidently had alot of trouble with it, says "do not buy" in caps since it lasted for 8 months and fried his main fuse. What exactly is this thing designed to do?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
http://trailtech.net/store/7003-RR-150W.html

Looks to me like you have no clue why you are buying one.... Looks like a rectifier is to pull energy off of a stator (on bikes that dont have a battery/charging system.. Converts to AC current to 12 volts DC.. Last time i checked the raptor has a battery and charging system :crazy:

Dictionary term:
(rek´ti-fī´´&r) (n.) A component of a circuit that allows current to pass in one direction yet blocks the flow of current in the other direction. Rectifiers are used to convert AC into DC.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is what procon says it will do...................Quote...Gain up to 8% more horsepower

Tips of concept: We built an extra sensor and switch in the unit. When the battery is near fully charged, the sensor instructs the switch to control the Magneto Rotor to run without cutting the magnet field. Then the rotor runs much lighter and saves the power to the engine. The engine gains more horsepower to drive your machines faster!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Interesting concept.. wonder if there is any proof out there of this (course would only work if battery was fully charged and nothing was drawing power from it, like headlights/trailtech/powercommander/efi computer.. ect)

·
Registered
287 Posts
...doubt it will do anything...

·
Registered
104 Posts
for those looking at the defintion of a rectifir and wondering why we have on and we do.

a stator just like the altinator on your car make AC.
a rectifier converts it to DC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts