Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bit the bullet this morning and ordered a 12:1 cp piston and hc3 from TQS (not tech series)! I`m just wondering how much power can be gained from smoothing out the casting flaws and runners on the heads of the 700! This is the first head I`ve tried porting on an atv so I was more so looking for advice from the head porters on here where to port, and blend and where not to on these heads! I don`t really plan on going bigger on the valves right now, I just want to take baby steps! I have a really nice standard abrasives porting kit that I`ve had a while that I used porting heads on cars! What do you guys use! Thanks in advance! BTW any ported head pics would be great reference!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I just did the same thing. I'm still putting it together so no numbers yet. I took out all the flaws and blended the intake ports with the seats. Nothing aggressive but there was a big difference between the head and where the seat meet. I also matched the exhaust ports to the gaskets. Again, no numbers yet so I don't know if this was good or bad, we will see. I went with a 12.5 JE and a HC3, +2 TB, and a bigger intake than my pro design. I wish I would took pics.

·
Registered
238 Posts
heres a thread from when i did just what your saying
its not great but it would have helped alot. hope this helps you.

key is go slow, take your time, and take a little at a time, but if your just cleaning burrs and blending seats you shouldent have an issue! good luck

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76540&highlight=porting

oh and my buddy that i built the bike for says its stupid fast, but hes also not ridden a stroker raptor like this before, so its definatlty not throwing down 70hp or something but its fastt he says. i havent ridden it yet but ill let you know when i do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts